Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Pikes Peak 2013

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Peugeot Sport ‏@peugeotsport 17λ the climb inside #208T16PikesPeak with on board camera coming soon

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Peugeot Sport ‏@peugeotsport 17λ the climb inside #208T16PikesPeak with on board camera coming soon
    Can't wait to see this, because Redbull's coverage of this event is one of the worst coverage I've ever seen. Peugeot's officials must be really mad, I've seen a flash on french TV news channel and they had the same crappy quality footage as we have seen, meaning there was no real TV crew whatsoever. Totally unprofessional.

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Congatulations to Sebastian.Great driving.I believe that for those who know about wrc it wasn't a surprise because all know his exceptional driving skills.The margin between seb and the second is really BIG!!

P.S Was any changes to the route this year??(gravel section?)i ask because Rhys Millen and Jean-Philippe Dayraut also beat the previous record.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Route was same as last year as they finished paving days after the 2011 event.

Also I think Loeb may have (hopefully) smashed the superstition/excuse that Americans have that you only accomplish what the mountain will let you. Turns out with skill and meticulous preparation are all that you really need. Who knew?
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107

Also I think Loeb may have (hopefully) smashed the superstition/excuse that Americans have that you only accomplish what the mountain will let you. Turns out with skill and meticulous preparation are all that you really need. Who knew?
    I think this has been proved some years ago when vatanen,mouton,rohrl won the event.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Fantastic acomplishment for the whole Peugeot team I'm really pissed with the Red Bull TV coverage, the worst thing is I spent almost 2 hours waiting for Loeb to come to see the probably worst piece of motorsport coverage ever. I hope an onboard will come soon

Liked 341 Times in 189 Posts
    Well done to Peugeot Sport and Seb.

Must agree, coverage was poor on all fronts from commentary (if you can call it that), interviews and the chopper cam (kept losing the car). Better than nothing of course. Redbull usually do better than that for their various other stuff.
    Should've sent some of our members out like Darkstar and Joost Schouten

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    The worst part is, the comentators mentioned before Loeb's run how they have multiple onboard views ready :/ The only time you could hear the car was the first two seconds of the run, the rest were extremely boring silent helicopter shots with the helicopter spending most of the time finding Loeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think the helecopter struggled keeping up with Loeb.