Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

Nicholas Hamilton WTCC 2013

Crazy.

I have actually not seen a more crazy story since Chanoch Nissany managed to get into an F1 car.

Apparently Nicholas Hamilton, St Lewis' brother, will be stepping up from the tail end of the UK Clio series (best finish = 10th) to the WTCC.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    No, the series in which he's interested is the ETCC, not the WTCC.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    No, the series in which he's interested is the ETCC, not the WTCC.
    Not what Touring Car Times was reporting last night though - although it's not unusual for them to be wrong!

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    It's still a massive step. He's not really achieved much in the Clios - albeit in a series that has a very strong grid at the moment - but there does seem to be some basic speed there. I'd have thought another year in Clios would be a better option.

Autosport's website has the story down with "WTCC" alongside it, incidentally, but with "ETCC" in the title. So that's that confusion avoided.
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    WOW this is fantastic news if a little surprising. I was worried that his career might be cancelled seeing that on the face of it, his second season results didn't appear better than the first.

I don't follow the Clios much but it does seem that improved performance was simply masked by a much stronger field. There were several cars finishing behind him in most races.

Have to say I'm surprised at the big step though. I don't care how slow he is as long as he has the talent and gets 'there' - i.e. whatever would be regarded as respectable, since almost all drivers don't win the title.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    WOW this is fantastic news if a little surprising.
    I don't see why anyone could see this as "fantastic news"? Correct me if I'm wrong but so far in his career he's not really done much apart from being "Lewis' brother". Strange the difference people treat him and Max Chilton. I don't remember any delight at him securing an F1 drive, quite the opposite in fact.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    I don't see why anyone could see this as "fantastic news"? Correct me if I'm wrong but so far in his career he's not really done much apart from being "Lewis' brother". Strange the difference people treat him and Max Chilton. I don't remember any delight at him securing an F1 drive, quite the opposite in fact.
    Hmmm you know, that is a good point. But is Nicolas' signing depriving a talented driver from driving?
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    Hmmm you know, that is a good point. But is Nicolas' signing depriving a talented driver from driving?
    No but then neither are Chilton and Razia. Doesn't mean it's "fantastic" news to see that sort of "talent" in F1.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    It's a bit different for Touring Cars, endurance type racing, historics, lesser categories it's deemed more 'acceptable' if that is the right way of putting it.

A lot of seats need paying for these days.

Good luck to Nic. I think its great for the sport and motoring industry as a whole. You can come back from a war zone with a limb or two missing and still drive a performance car on the street.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    No but then neither are Chilton and Razia. Doesn't mean it's "fantastic" news to see that sort of "talent" in F1.
    Hmm yes, it's a shame to see GP2 race winners - including the series runner-up - make it to Formula 1...

Anyway, it's fantastic news for the ETCC, simply because now people have actually heard of it. In terms of profile it's right up there with the Isthmian League in football.
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com