Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts

F1 2013 Predictions - According to the drivers!! :p

Ok, is it just me or does anyone else feel there seems to be more bullstuff* than usual spoken by drivers about their prospects for 2013? It seems more than ever, drivers are engaging in a sort of psychological warfare where they excessively play down expectations and declare that their rivals will do very well. The real intent seems that they know full well that rival won't do well, so it will look bad for them when they don't succeed. There is a lot being said like this.

According to Lewis Hamilton, he seems to expect to be fighting with the Caterhams this year, given that his car is about "2 or 3 seconds" off the pace!
    Alonso, and especially Massa are positive though about their new steed while Button is complaining about balance again. Taking drivers and team quotes, I will now try to arrange how the pecking order might be come Melbourne:

McLaren: Massa said Button did an unbelievable time in Jerez. Jenson says he doesn't understand the car. Perez also topped the times in another test and is happy.

Red Bull: Webber is saying they're in strong shape, but will be vulnerable if they don't develop. That could come true since Adrian Newey has said basically he is running out of ideas (since the FIA ban most of the things he comes up with)

Mercedes: Nio is saying they've made a big improvement. Lewis says they're nowhere.

Lotus: Team say their quick but not that confident. Kimi sees no reason not to build on last year, but Grosjean did pretty poorly on long runs...

1.Perez
    2.Alonso +0.1
    3.Vettel +0.1
    4.Massa +0.2
    5.Raikkonen +0.3
    6.Webber +0.3
    7.Rosberg +0.4
    8.Button +0.5
    9.Grosjean +0.7
    10.Maldonado +0.8
    11.di Resta +0.8
    12.Bottas +1.2
    13.Ricciardo +1.2
    14.Force India 2 +1.2
    15.Hulkenberg - playing down expectations +1.2
    16.Vergne - struggling on cauliflower tyres +1.8
    17.Gutierrez - says he's not ready +2.0
    18.Hamilton - yeah right, Lewis +2.5
    19.Pic +3.0
    20.Chilton +3.4
    21.Razia +3.4
    22.van der Garde +3.5

Not sure it'll turn out quite like this somehow.

*From the laughably bad edited for TV version of The Thing by one of those American Channels.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    It makes it even more exciting for when the season starts. IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    As forthe order, I think Red Bll, Ferrari and Mclaren will all be towards the front again, but behind that who knows.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy