Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Why so big, if you don't mind me asking? A DVD only holds 4.7GB in the first place, and once you take out all the extras a movie rarely exceeds half of that. I found that most normal length films can be squeezed into MKV files or around 1GB with no noticeable loss of audio or video quality, or ~1.5GB with absolutely no perceptible difference to the original - and that includes preserving the audio.
    Generally, most of today's commercially produced DVD's are dual layer, so are about 8GB. I don't bother with compression so much as space is not an issue!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    . . . as space is not an issue!
    For me au contraire . . . . there is never enough space and there is always new drives to purchase.
    In my case with all video now shot and edited on HD - you can imagine the space that is constantly occupied and needed.
    Before I would store Beta tapes on my shelves, now it's loaded with drives of every size and color.

. . . . but I'm not complaining. I look forward to soon getting the new Thunderbolt drives. I'v seen them in action and they are fast!
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com