Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What car is it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks D-Type for this explanation. I even wasn't aware of different types of regulations for those rally events.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It looks like 3 or 4 different cars depending on what angle you look at it from

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well its fairly unique looking

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

what color?

Quote Originally Posted by ford power
    well its fairly unique looking
    Does anyone know the color of this 203 prototype?. I'm modifying a peugeot 203 coupe 1:43 scale to make this car in the 1956 Monte Carlo rally version, and though I think it will be light gray, I'm not really sure. Thanks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Never seen it. Thanks for the pic and info!

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotecars
    Does anyone know the color of this 203 prototype?. I'm modifying a peugeot 203 coupe 1:43 scale to make this car in the 1956 Monte Carlo rally version, and though I think it will be light gray, I'm not really sure. Thanks
    It looks as if it's two colours: the roof, door pillars and about 2 inches below the windows look a lighter colour than the bonnet, wings and boot. There's a visible line of delineation in some of the photos.
    I can see where you're coming from with the light grey suggestion. As far as I can remember, in the mid-fifties all Peugeots, 203 and 40s, saloons, vans, pickups, were light grey. Rather like the Model T Ford: "Any colour you like so long as it's black".
    But as this car has been rebodied it could be any colour. I would do the top half "Peugeot light grey" and the bottom either a darker grey or a mid blue. I doubt it would have been green, but don't know why, and other colours wouldn't look right with the grey.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.