Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DanicaFan, where art thou?

DanicaFan, The Indycar 2013 season is here and ready to roll. I hope you will be offering your race previews as you have done in the past!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If not maybe someone else can step in and fill the void?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am kind of wondering where everyone is - not much activity here these days..... At least we are mirroring our chosen sport

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    I am kind of wondering where everyone is - not much activity here these days..... At least we are mirroring our chosen sport
    I warned you guys what would happen if princess danica went to nascar....the only driver in nascar whose name is mentioned on the general news tv/radio shows....as "danica patrick finished eighth in the Daytona 500" , meanwhile, I (who was on the road,) waited and waited to hear who actually won the race over the car radio ......only to find out when i got home

don't laugh, true story

you remember just like it used to be in Indy, except now, they do not even mention anything about an indy race.......
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    oh, look, there he be....http://www.motorsportforums.com/nasc...cing-show.html

with all the reporters who used to pay a little bit of attention to indy. But hey, as everyone around here said, we will be better off without her and all that news attention and pr money, etc....)Yes, sir, we will be better off because it will be so much less noisy and crowded around here.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I hope Danica comes back.... So Simona can kick her a$$!
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    I hope Danica comes back.... So Simona can kick her a$$!
    Well I guess we now have proof that heliocastoneves#3 is not DanicaFan in disguise! ...big ol' grin...

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    While Danica was bringing in all the eyeballs (not really), maybe the IRL/IndyCar should have been doing things to fundamentally build up the series... instead of relying on a driver of average racing talent, but with an amazing talent for drawing attention to herself for things other than her (lack of) racing talent.

IMO, the series is no better off and no worse off without her. Unlike NASCAR Sprint Cup, IndyCar didn't have a strong cast of characters that it featured while she was here and they don't have them now. So... what's different? In my case, I'm more likely to now watch an IndyCar race, since I no longer have to listen to Marty Reid drone on about and fawn over somebody who is circulating around in 20th place on a road course. And if DanicaFan went with her, I can live with that too. If he doesn't post here now that she's gone, then he wasn't a true fan of this type of racing to begin with. When my favorite legendary drivers left or retired (Mario Andretti, Emmo Fittipaldi, Alex Zanardi, Juan Montoya, et al), I kept coming back. I even got over my hatred for Tony George, IMS and the IRL. So I say good riddance to the fair weather fans that came and went with a half-talent like The Danica: the Paris Hilton of auto racing.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Well I guess we now have proof that heliocastoneves#3 is not DanicaFan in disguise! ...big ol' grin...

Gary
    Hehe, well, believe it or not... But I was a Danica fan in the past but I always liked Hélio more because he has a personality. I was originally a fan of Arie Luyendyk and became a Sam Hornish Jr. fan when he came in the series in 2000. Than Sam left after 2007 and since then I'm a full time Hélio Castroneves fan. Since the split I watched both CART and IRL but I decided to stop following CART after 2001. During my time when I followed CART since the split, I was a huge fan of Alex Zanardi, Juan Montoya and I used to root for guys such as Greg Moore, Max Papis and Mauricio Gugelmin as well.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmm, how view changes with different audiences.I better not read old posts, silly me.
    Btw,I'm big Danicafan and big fan of Danica and would like to thank them both for everything, and best of luck in the future of their choosing .
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!