Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Who had the worst performance in 2012?

Who do you think is the driver, who had good expections, but had a bad season in 2012?
    For me, it was Conway.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    RB
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmm...worst performance in 2012?

I disagree with Conway. Remember, Foyt hasn't won a race in a unified series since I want to say 1978. Don't hold me to that exact year but its been a while. Foyt never won in CART, and won in the IRL against weaker teams. No driver has done well there of late, and I think Sato and Foyt are going to be a disastrous pairing.

As for drivers, Barrichello was a disappointment. I really thought he would be better. Marco was disappointing too. I think only one finish better than 8th.

However, if I had to offer one disappointment beyond all else, I'd say Lotus. Certainly, I knew they'd be #3 to Chevy and Honda. But the pathetic way they ran the revered Lotus through the mud was, beyond disappointing.
    Brian Carroccio
    IndyCar Columnist, AutoRacing1.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lotus !!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The board of directors of Hulman & Company.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1

The board of directors of Hulman & Company.
    That can't possibly be true. Their 2012 performance was on an even par with their performance in prior years. Therefore, 2012 was not a bad year for them. Also, no one expected better of them. A bunch of other people had bad years compared to expectations.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK, but i was asking for the worst performance of a driver, not a team, not a
    manufacturer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Three way Tie?

Quote Originally Posted by nekav
    OK, but i was asking for the worst performance of a driver, not a team, not a
    manufacturer
    Graham, Ruebens and Marco.

Graham did so bad that he lost his ride at Ganassi. Ruebens did so bad, he lost his sponsorship and ride with KV, and certainly was not worth the $2 mil he demanded.

Marco continues to struggle. His melt down in the 500, and his tantrums have stunted his development. Out shined by RHR and Hinch, he would be long gone if not for Daddy.

Of the three, Graham and Marco should have done better with the team and resources they had. Both have potential, but both need to look in the mirror, and dig deep to re-establish their careers. Both, are very young, so they could recover.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I wouldn't call RB's season the worst, he was a 40 year old guy racing on brand new race tracks. But he was a big disappointment since he hasn't delivered at least once something special I was always expecting from him. No wonder he was Schumacher's "number 2" driver at Ferrari.

Another disappointment was J. R. Hildebrand, who had almost an anonymous season. I was kind of hoping he'd redeem himself after 2011 Indy.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Marco Andretti
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.