Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    but it is worrying for the future of F1 if so many teams are struggling.
    Or is it? I mean teams outside the top 4 or 5 have regularly been struggling. Just look to the 1980s and 1990s as I hinted earlier. In the 90s, if you weren't Benetton, Williams, Ferrari or McLaren, you really had to work hard to build a graft in the sport. Sauber, Jordan, Tyrrell and other midfield teams never had it completely rosy through their careers but the sport continued on.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 52Paddy
    Or is it? I mean teams outside the top 4 or 5 have regularly been struggling. Just look to the 1980s and 1990s as I hinted earlier. In the 90s, if you weren't Benetton, Williams, Ferrari or McLaren, you really had to work hard to build a graft in the sport. Sauber, Jordan, Tyrrell and other midfield teams never had it completely rosy through their careers but the sport continued on.

But in the past as teams left, more teams came in. Is this still going to be the case in years to come. The currant new teams have struggled and not many new ones look likely to enter. Where does F1 go. 3 car teams or take some action to help the smaller teams into F1.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    But in the past as teams left, more teams came in. Is this still going to be the case in years to come. The currant new teams have struggled and not many new ones look likely to enter. Where does F1 go. 3 car teams or take some action to help the smaller teams into F1.
    I did consider this problem. I'd imagine F1 would have to come up with some incentive to draw new teams in if worst came to worst. The 40m cost-cap idea did attract three new teams in the space of one year, which is great so I'm sure they've plans like this in store. Hopefully the flood gates will open for teams with a serious approach and not Stefan F1-type dreamers, if the FIA take action. I just can't believe that they would do nothing and run with thin grids until the economy picks up...even if it is the FIA!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    There is certainly an easy way to cut travel expenses and renew/rejuvinate European interest.... China, Korea, Sepang, Bahrain, meet the executioner.
    HINCHTOWN!!

So who isnt a pay driver

I dont think theres ever been a better female driver than Michelle Mouton, and I think the way media jump on the female driver band wagon just ramps up everybodies expecations of a driver that usually isnt that good.

Quote Originally Posted by spensonlizids
    I dont think theres ever been a better female driver than Michelle Mouton, and I think the way media jump on the female driver band wagon just ramps up everybodies expecations of a driver that usually isnt that good.
    You'll have to excuse me here for sounding condescending, but how is that related to this topic?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't see how many posts someone has made on a mobile device but is it single figures??

( ahh, just clicked on the profile. 6 )

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I can't see how many posts someone has made on a mobile device but is it single figures??

( ahh, just clicked on the profile. 6 )
    What are you implying? That our friend is a Bot that Spams.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Not a bot...
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    F1 Drivers Paid Or Pay
    reported £45 million Pastor Maldonado bought to Williams last year
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’