Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Karthikeyan to Force India?

Karthikeyan in Force India link | F1 News | Feb 2013 | Crash.Net

I really hope this isn't the case. We have too many talentless drivers as it is, I don't want to see another seat sold.

Mr Mallya can't be that desperate, can he?

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    This would be shocking and a shame if this was the case. As much as I think Narain is given some unfair stick, I do believe there are others who warrant this seat.

At 36 he is not a long term prospect, however if it does happen then so be it.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    He's never shown anything but very modest talent in F1 and certainly not enough to give him a seat for anything but purely financial reasons.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    yeah it would be a shame if he gets it over many other solid candidates, but on the other hand...
    1. Karthikeyan is actually a half decent driver who has shown so in other series
    2. it makes sense for Force "India"
    3. If he brings in extra cash that won't hurt. Although Mallya is rich, doesn't mean he wants to spend all his money
    4. He does have a solid F1 experience
    5. Just might be interesting to see how he does in a midfield team. He may surprise everyone and finish in the points, and prove that usually, a good car makes a driver look that much better, and a bad car that much worse
    6. Money again, perhaps Bianchi's ties to ferrari are not to their liking and Karthikeyan's asking price is reasonable and both a short term solution.
    7. Would like to give DiResta a clear cut #1 status and an opportunity to lead the team.

I'm nearly not that offended if this comes to bare. But it would be a shame if some others ( most notably Sutil, Kobayashi or Petrov) miss out on a seat. I'm not that high on Kovaleinen anyway, and he has had his turn with excellent machinery and a half decent renault, and failed to impress.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    I say...bring back Jarno then :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I suppose in a way it would make sence for a team called Force INDIA to have an INDIAN driver in the team, especially for the INDIAN GP.

His not my first choice but it would be a chance for him to redeem himself.

Ofcourse he would also have already driven for the team before back when they were Jordan

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Ridiculous if true. After seeing a galore of pay drivers confirmed at the time when arguably better, more experienced drivers are available, this will be another disappointment. Why not give a seat to Kobayashi, Petrov, Kovalainen, or Sutil?

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    Why not give a seat to Kobayashi, Petrov, Kovalainen, or Sutil?
    It's a business first and foremost. If Ferrari needed an infusion of cash to keep the doors open, and Yuje Ide brought $20 million, Fernando would be shown the door.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Karthikeyan's a really underrated driver who has received way too much flack for his return to F1 - he was generally outperformed by Luizzi and de la Rosa, but not to an embarrassing extent. He also beat Ricciardo in that one race that they had together. But he was still probably the worst driver on last year's grid, and linking him with a jump to a solid midfield team that almost took a win last year is completely unjustified and suggests that Force India is in much worse financial state than they are letting on.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I say...bring back Jarno then :
    What about Fisi?
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.