Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Discovery channel show offered a good insight. In show 3 I noticed a few things.
    1.FX saying something along the lines of he priorities driver feedback as opposed to telemetry feedback.
    2. Petter saying that he can't do any thing more with the car. He couldn't go any lower and he had no more damping settings left.

I seem to remember him adjusting the car with the centre console when he set the stage record on Ouninpohja a few years ago.
    I think Petter is doing the best with what he has.
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jidoka
    The Discovery channel show offered a good insight. In show 3 I noticed a few things.
    1.FX saying something along the lines of he priorities driver feedback as opposed to telemetry feedback.
    2. Petter saying that he can't do any thing more with the car. He couldn't go any lower and he had no more damping settings left.

I seem to remember him adjusting the car with the centre console when he set the stage record on Ouninpohja a few years ago.
    I think Petter is doing the best with what he has.
    And FX said other engineers would laugh at him for doing that. Actually all teams depends on laptop engineers (I'm sort of one myself). They just need to learn and adapt their skills to wrc cars and get ALL the parameters. Shurely Citroen and Ford has as many laptop engineers too. Or how is it Pentti and BJ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Very good, I'm training to be an engineer myself. I also think the teams couldn't function without the laptop engineers. It's all about using the right information. Be it computer or driver generated.
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi