Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    It depends how annoyed I get and whether my body follows where I decide to throw the controller.
    Aaaarrrgghhhh! At last, someone who shares my pain!!!!! Curse you Playstation!

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Punching myself in the thigh and biting hard on my knuckles is also something I really shouldn't do when I lose. Still its cheaper than a controller, to which I have stamped on 3! I lost one at the bottom of the garden once when I threw it from my patio window. I did find it but some days later and it was rather wet. I'd probably head-butt the cockpit sides if I was really driving an F1 car. Anger management is often needed

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Punching myself in the thigh and biting hard on my knuckles is also something I really shouldn't do when I lose. Still its cheaper than a controller, to which I have stamped on 3! I lost one at the bottom of the garden once when I threw it from my patio window. I did find it but some days later and it was rather wet. I'd probably head-butt the cockpit sides if I was really driving an F1 car. Anger management is often needed
    If you were as good as me then you wouldn't need to throw your controller out of the window because you'd be too busy winning.

I remember always thinking I could be a racing driver and then I went go-karting with my friend who used kart competitively against the likes of Oliver Turvey and Frank Wrathall. I was over a second slower than him on a 30second lap! But then I followed his lines and after about 30 minutes I was within a 0.1 of him.

Obviously jumping straight into an F1 car would be impossible. But if you had plenty of practice in a superkart, then Formula Ford, then F3, then GP2, you would be able to set a reasonable time in an F1 car. It's just the final 0.1s of a second that makes the difference between a racing driver and an F1 driver.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In my first career I won the Monaco GP. I was in a Williams. Then I crashed in the next race at the end of the Hangar straight and went the wrong way round the circuit and that was it, gave over.

In my second career I won a championship. I have the trophy.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    It would be really hard for some of us... we wouldn't even fit in a F1 car to begin with...

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    For me the experiment would stop before it begins. Against my slender frame, Mansell '95 was an anorexic. Not even a shoehorn would help...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    I'm ready to give it a red hot go. I've been training and earnestly "carbo loading" - read "drinking beer and eating chips" - and all I need is a slight rule change to favour me, a multi-million dollar sponsorship deal, a supermodel girlfriend (if my wife will let me) and I can see no stopping me.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Simulators help you learn circuits but don't teach you how to drive. I was 2 tenths faster than Lewis at Monza last year but don't expect the call from Ron any time soon

Physical size is another issue. I can fit in a F1 car but am contorted and can't move plus my arms won't fit in the cockpit

Finally, it's the sheer physicality of operating one. It's like trying to do a dot-the-dot while sitting inside the fast spin cycle in the washing drum.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Simulators help you learn circuits but don't teach you how to drive. I was 2 tenths faster than Lewis at Monza last year but don't expect the call from Ron any time soon

Physical size is another issue. I can fit in a F1 car but am contorted and can't move plus my arms won't fit in the cockpit

Finally, it's the sheer physicality of operating one. It's like trying to do a dot-the-dot while sitting inside the fast spin cycle in the washing drum.
    Hey so have you sat in one?! I wouldn't have a chance. My width is fine, but I suffer from the same problem as Justin Wilson. I was at Builth Wells fair in 2000 on a school trip and they had Vincent Radermeckers' BTCC car on display, and everyone could have a go sitting in it!! I couldn't fit, even though it was a Vectra - too lanky...
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Well look a Deletraz and he was an OK Formula 3000 driver and later had some success in Sports Cars, so by normal standards a very good driver and yet he was 10 laps off the leader in his first GP just 60 laps into and 81 lap race, before having to retire from what I remember due to tiredness.

So it cant be very easy if a lower level racing driver is completely out of his depth.

Of course though I would be brilliant if I got into an F1 car.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy