Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Confirmed drivers?

I am trying to figure out what the teams will look like. I thought indycar.com had confirmed drivers but I see Mike Conway listed as RLL and I don't see evidence of that anywhere.

Is this really the true list??

Drivers - IZOD IndyCar Series, Firestone Indy Lights, STAR MAZDA Championship & Cooper Tires USF2000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jackmart:

I took a quick look. I think its pretty accurate. The only thing it fails to do is differentiate Conway (who is Long Beach only) from the full-season entries.
    Brian Carroccio
    IndyCar Columnist, AutoRacing1.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So it looks like the following still need a ride

Ryan Briscoe
    Rubens Barrichello
    Justin Wilson
    EJ Viso

I'm shocked about Briscoe to be honest.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Barrichello's in Brazilian stock cars now. Wilson will very likely stay at Coyne. Viso will probably end up at Andretti. Briscoe's still unclear - he might end up with a full time seat somewhere like Dragon, or it could be a partial season or Indy-only entry elsewhere, HVM?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not shocked about Briscoe. With the best team in the sport he won one race over the past two seasons. He apparently doesn't have any backing, and there are very few seats out there that don't require some sort of funding from the driver.
    Brian Carroccio
    IndyCar Columnist, AutoRacing1.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Viso will be confirmed at Andretti this week.

Barrichello is not coming back to the series, as previously announced.

Briscoe will likely land at Foyt (they are looking at a second car), Coyne, Penske or Ganassi.

Wilson has yet to sign with Coyne, and would love to jump to Penske (where he lost out to Power a feew years back), Ganassi, and possibly Foyt (who wnated him last year).

Coyne always get his deals done late, and will pay one good driver, and accept funding from another. He should be running two cars again.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    From Auotosport:

2013 IndyCar Series line-up so far:
    Team Engine Drivers
    AJ Foyt Racing Honda Takuma Sato
    Andretti Autosport Chevy Ryan Hunter-Reay/James Hinchcliffe/Marco Andretti/EJ Viso
    Bryan Herta Autosport Honda Alex Tagliani
    Chip Ganassi Racing Honda Dario Franchitti/Scott Dixon/Charlie Kimball
    Dale Coyne Racing Honda tba/tba
    Dragon Racing Chevy Sebastien Bourdais/Sebastian Saavedra
    Ed Carpenter Racing Chevy Ed Carpenter
    KV Racing Technology Chevy Tony Kanaan/Simona de Silvestro
    Panther/Dreyer & Reinbold Chevy JR Hildebrand/Oriol Servia
    Rahal Letterman Lanigan Honda Graham Rahal/James Jakes
    Sarah Fisher Hartman Honda Josef Newgarden
    Schmidt Peterson Honda Simon Pagenaud/Tristan Vautier
    Team Penske Chevy Will Power/Helio Castroneves

Wilson, Briscoe and Legge in the wings. Foyt was still trying to be a two car team as well, so the car count is a bit better than expected.

One-off entries:Mike Conway - Rahal Letterman Lanigan - Long BeachCarlos Munoz - Andretti Autosport - IndianapolisChase Austin - AJ Foyt Racing - Indianapolis
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Legge's suing Dragon and TrueCar for breach of contract now. I don't really know the details behind what's gone on, but it does seem like Dragon have handled the whole saga quite badly.

Still, the grid size and quality is a lot better than I was expecting for this year, and there's still a couple more cars likely to be added. Not sure I'll actually get to watch any of it though, thanks Sky. Um, is torrenting legal if there's no other way? Not that I'd have the first idea where to get it!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    From Auotosport:

2013 IndyCar Series line-up so far:
    Team Engine Drivers
    AJ Foyt Racing Honda Takuma Sato
    Andretti Autosport Chevy Ryan Hunter-Reay/James Hinchcliffe/Marco Andretti/EJ Viso
    Bryan Herta Autosport Honda Alex Tagliani
    Chip Ganassi Racing Honda Dario Franchitti/Scott Dixon/Charlie Kimball
    Dale Coyne Racing Honda tba/tba
    Dragon Racing Chevy Sebastien Bourdais/Sebastian Saavedra
    Ed Carpenter Racing Chevy Ed Carpenter
    KV Racing Technology Chevy Tony Kanaan/Simona de Silvestro
    Panther/Dreyer & Reinbold Chevy JR Hildebrand/Oriol Servia
    Rahal Letterman Lanigan Honda Graham Rahal/James Jakes
    Sarah Fisher Hartman Honda Josef Newgarden
    Schmidt Peterson Honda Simon Pagenaud/Tristan Vautier
    Team Penske Chevy Will Power/Helio Castroneves

Wilson, Briscoe and Legge in the wings. Foyt was still trying to be a two car team as well, so the car count is a bit better than expected.

One-off entries:Mike Conway - Rahal Letterman Lanigan - Long BeachCarlos Munoz - Andretti Autosport - IndianapolisChase Austin - AJ Foyt Racing - Indianapolis
    It looks like the only seats left are at Dale Coyne Racing, and it's virtually certain that Justin Wilson will be in one of them. The 2nd seat is very likely to go to a driver with some backing, so Narain Karthikeyan could be a contender here. Other drivers who don't have a ride include Ryan Briscoe & Katherine Legge. The only other seat I can see would be if AJ Foyt can get sponsorship to run a 2nd car full-time. Briscoe has been linked with the 2nd Foyt car along with Conor Daly. However, I fear for Katherine Legge as I don't see any other rides available. AFS, whilst not directly part of Dragon Racing & Saavedra, has said it's likely to be involved with the No.6 entry at some point, HVM have combined with Andretti to run Viso and both Shank & Conquest have sold their DW12's after failing to agree deals to run full-time in IndyCar, so taking all this into account, I reckon one more full-time ride, at best, to fill once Coyne confirms both drivers.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't believe Ryan is out at Penske. How did Helio keep his ride? two seasons ago he finished 11th in points. Ryan is one of my favorite drivers it will be hard to watch without him in the mix. Check out this article

INDYCAR: Briscoe Open To Sports Car, IndyCar Opportunities