Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 2013 Testing

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Actually didn't Rosberg have a mainly Blue lid for the first few years? Would be great to see that return!
    To join, copy and paste this into your signature.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    It was blue, white and yellow in his first Williams years. The yellow was still predominant on the lid from what I remember.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Mercedes are making up for their lost time, 70 laps already today.

Massa's 1:17.8 is just a couple of tenths off the fastest time in this test last year.

I think it bodes well for Ferrari that Massa stated yesterday that he was impressed with the car as opposed to last year.
    "Last year I remember I was struggling a lot to drive the car. It was difficult to keep it on the track.

"This year the base on the car is different. It is more balanced, and I felt a good direction in the middle of the car as well. It didn't lose traction
    A year ago, after the first day, Massa phoned Di Montezemolo and described the car as "a disaster".
    You cannot draw conclusions from the first week of practice, but it is starting to look very likely that Ferrari will not be starting anywhere near as far on its back foot as last season.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Regarding Hamilton's and Rosberg's helmets, this might be useful:

Can you guess who is who? Most importantly, could you guess it during a race?

Bigger sizes here and here.

Liked 58 Times in 27 Posts
    the one on the right is Lewis and on the left is Niko.. Hamiltons yellow is a bit dark. and Nkos is a bit lighter. i think so. am i right? lewis on the right

I just read this short piece about Alonso, and apparently my theory about him missing this practice due to back issues is erroneous.
    He tweeted this morning that he cycled 88km and planned on running in the afternoon.
    (although the the Spanish says tomorrow)

3:20h - 88 km bici esta mañana. Comer y running esta tarde. 3:20h - 88 km bike this morning. Run in the afternoon.
    https://twitter.com/alo_oficial
    Jerez is struggling without Spanish hero Fernando Alonso. The 2012 runner-up and Ferrari driver elected to sit out the opening test of the pre-season in favour of cycling training in a hot country -- possibly the Canary Islands.
    F1Today.net - Formule 1-nieuws, live verslag, live updates, f1 test, uitslagen, gp2, gp3

Force India mechanic’s lucky escape after being hit by F1 car

The Force India engineer escaped serious injury when he was struck by test driver James Rossiter at the session in Jerez after he missed his breaking point when returning to the pits.

The mechanic was thrown into the air when he was struck in front of the garage and was rushed to hospital for medical checks.

A team spokesman later confirmed he had been fortunate in avoiding serious injury despite being bruised and shaken.
    F1 mechanic's lucky escape after being hit by car | Metro News
    A guess the youngster had a moment!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Regarding Hamilton's and Rosberg's helmets, this might be useful:

Can you guess who is who? Most importantly, could you guess it during a race?

Bigger sizes here and here.
    Hamilton on the right
    Rosberg on the left, Hamilton has a slightly more golden look and Rosberg has a brightish yellow look for his

but it really is a bit bothersome
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
    A guess the youngster had a moment!
    hardly a youngster by F1 standards, he's 29 and been testing F1 cars in 2006, '07 and '08, plus racing various series before and since
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    hardly a youngster by F1 standards, he's 29 and been testing F1 cars in 2006, '07 and '08, plus racing various series before and since
    29 is precisely 1/2 my age, and two years younger than my youngest offspring (that I know of) that makes him a yougster to me)

Classic F1 race USGP CotA tareup: