Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Future of F1.

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    In F1 history how many teams last 20 years? - I could be wrong, but I think that I've only found 7 teams who have ever had any run of more than 20 years of continued existence in F1: Lotus, McLaren, Tyrell, Ferrari, Brabham, Williams and curiously Minardi.

I think that BRM competed for over 20 years and would qualify for the list.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    I can understand that Williams isn't too hot on customer cars
    I wonder whether it would now be keener on them if its cars were regular front-runners, and thus more attractive to potential customer buyers?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    I hope whoever suggested an equal share of the pot was trying to be funny because if not, I despair.
    If we were talking about prize money rather than revenues, I'd agree.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    When I think "fairer distribution" of money, I don't think about showering mediocre teams with money. But, as a rule of thumb, I'd think even the lowest ranked team should get some money back for its effort. As it is now, Marussia doesn't see a single penny of the TV money, yet they participated in each and every GP, built a safe and rule-abiding car and they had exactly the same amount of points as Caterham had - Zero. So giving money to Caterham, but leaving Marussia out appears to be completely arbitrary to me. It's unfair.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    When I think "fairer distribution" of money, I don't think about showering mediocre teams with money. But, as a rule of thumb, I'd think even the lowest ranked team should get some money back for its effort. As it is now, Marussia doesn't see a single penny of the TV money, yet they participated in each and every GP, built a safe and rule-abiding car and they had exactly the same amount of points as Caterham had - Zero. So giving money to Caterham, but leaving Marussia out appears to be completely arbitrary to me. It's unfair.
    This is exactly right. Dont even out the prize money. First deserves more than second. etc. but as you say to have a team completely shut out despite all that effort is not right and its hardly a draw for new teams is it.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    First post here (:wave .

I agree that the lower placed teams should be getting a more sizeable cut of TV revenues; the sport needs them to show up to make an event... I can't imagine a race with only 5 teams involved. It takes a considerable investment just to qualify, and their contribution should be recognized. As many others have commented, though, for sure, prize money also needs to reward the winners. I just have to be a little concerned for the long term viability of the sport if the current level of concentration of overall distribution remains in place...

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    First post here (:wave .

I agree that the lower placed teams should be getting a more sizeable cut of TV revenues; the sport needs them to show up to make an event... I can't imagine a race with only 5 teams involved. It takes a considerable investment just to qualify, and their contribution should be recognized. As many others have commented, though, for sure, prize money also needs to reward the winners. I just have to be a little concerned for the long term viability of the sport if the current level of concentration of overall distribution remains in place...
    Hi

I agree and welcome to the mad house.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D28
    I think that BRM competed for over 20 years and would qualify for the list.
    Oh huzzah. 1954-1977. Well played sire.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Future of F1

I recall reading BFH and BFP4F Battlefunds will be shared. However, i want to know, will the battlefunds previously bought on BFH before Bfp4f came out, be transfered as well? I know this is in the future, but it might help your best players commit to the Open beta phase to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by spensonlizids
    I recall reading BFH and BFP4F Battlefunds will be shared. However, i want to know, will the battlefunds previously bought on BFH before Bfp4f came out, be transfered as well? I know this is in the future, but it might help your best players commit to the Open beta phase to the game.

I agree. hrugs