Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Future of F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Why is it that Caterham and Marussia have the worst line-up in years?

After that people think it's sad that Kobayashi is out off a drive! I also think it's sad because a saw some talent in that guy before he made it to F1. But what are his stats before landing a F1 seat whit Toyota back-up? His score is lame to nothing comparing it to vd Garde and Pic. So what justifice such an opinion?

Webber and Irvine are both well respected in the F1 drivers scene, both did close to nothing important in their way to F1.

There is more that meets the eye than just simple statistics and championship standings. I think that Razia, vd Garde and Pic dissurved every bit off a chance in F1 based on there stats. It's a shame that they have to pay such big amount aff money to get there, but never the less they earned it fair and square.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    In F1 history how many teams last 20 years? - I could be wrong, but I think that I've only found 7 teams who have ever had any run of more than 20 years of continued existence in F1: Lotus, McLaren, Tyrell, Ferrari, Brabham, Williams and curiously Minardi.
    Not even teams like March Engineering or Benetton can claim that.
    This is my take on it:

Does ownership of a team make it a new team?

Is the Genii Lotus not an evolution of Benetton?

What about Sauber? This will be their 20th year in F1.
    Jordan to Force India?
    Minardi to STR?

They all seem to have a pedigree.
    The ownership has changed, people have come and gone but these teams have in one shape or form survived.

When was the last time a NEW team came into F1 and did anything?
    Stweart to Red Bull? (And Toyota?)

In a way this seems pretty depressing and disheartening to anyone seriously looking to come into F1.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    This is my take on it:
    My answers...

Does ownership of a team make it a new team? - For the purposes of answering the question I assumed so.
    Is the Genii Lotus not an evolution of Benetton? - No.
    What about Sauber? This will be their 20th year in F1. - Re Your First question. BMW Sauber is a different entity.
    Jordan to Force India? - No.
    Minardi to STR? - No.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!