Right bare with me here.

I was reading the rumours of Caterham & Marussia having some of the weakest driver line ups for many years, I assume in order to aquire money and secure the teams futures. Now whatever we feel about the drivers that must be the most important thing.

The same can also be said to an extent with Force India if Bruno Senna is signed to Force India. There are clearly going to be some good F1 drivers around with no drive. Kobayashi, Kovalainen, Petrov. etc.

While reading this it made me think about the state of F1 and how some of the currant teams and potential new teams will enter and survive in F1 for the longer term.

Now while not Invincible the top teams are clearly in a decent position to stay in F1, but looking down the grid some teams are less than likely to be around for long. Afterall in F1 history how many teams last 20 years?

Red Bull, Ferrari, Mclaren I would all expect to stay in F1 for the next few years and longer. Even if Red Bull sells up its now a well run team and I believe would carry on.

Now the teams behind that could last anything from 1 or 2 seasons up to 5-10 years probably.

Mercedes- Well if they dont get success will they just sell or just quite like BMW, Lotus/Renault/whatever they end up are not secure either.

Williams are a long term team but as time passes they appear to be weakening and after Frank quits will Williams F1 be able to continue? Debateable.

As for the rest they are small teams. Sauber, Force India, Toro Rosso could all faulter in the next few seasons.

As for Marussia & Caterham they are prone every season to financial issues and folding.

Afterall that my point is this. F1 is hugely expensive and we have discussed this many times before, but if money gets tight again and a few Manufacturers start quitting again and a few of the small teams fold, soon we could end up with only 5 teams left of the currant lineup.

So is there any chance of new teams being able to join F1. We have seen Caterham, Marussia, HRT join F1 and get no where(yet). So what is F1's approach?

How can F1 get some more teams to join F1 before too much longer. Are we only going to see manufacturers joining F1 from now on, or can smaller teams still join?

Or is there a danger that all the big manufacturers leave F1 and that then meaning either the end of F1. Or will F1 change and make itself open for an influx on Private teams like 20 years ago? i.e cost cutting on a mass scale.

We heard about Lola joing F1 in 2014 a couple of years ago, but I assume that was completely unfounded? Do you see any new teams joining F1 soon?

I am worried about the future of the sport I love here. I want to see more teams and cars being able to enter so that F1 can have a full grid for years to come.