Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    have to say he should have stayed on two wheels and continued to thrill his loyal fans

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    A dispatch from Waneroo (Barbagallo for you younger 'uns), our intrepid 2x MotoGP WC is having setting up difficulties. It's a tricky track and very short and bumpy, with a sub 1 minute lap time and some interesting camber corners. Still, get at 'em, Boyo!

Casey Stoner downbeat after difficult practice - Speedcafe

Some words from Roland Dane, team principle of the Red Bull V8SC team, who run CS27's Dunlop Series car.

Dane: Stoner's potential already proven - Speedcafe

Some interview vision post last weekend's Dunlop Series races in QLD at the worst racetrack in the world - Ipswich! Seriously, how a supposedly top level race series could stage a race at this "paper clip" paved motocross track is beyond me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXF86XecmQ

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Third Triple Eight Commodore For Bathurst
    Triple Eight Race Engineering today confirmed that it will enter a third, stand-alone VF Commodore in the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 to be held at Mount Panorama on October 10-13, as part of the PIRTEK Endurance Cup.
    The entry will be supported by Holden and will run independently from Red Bull Racing Australia. It will be located at the opposite end of the Bathurst pit lane.

What's the bet that someone like Sam Tordoff would be given the second spot in that third car alongside Stoner?

It seems likely that Dumbrell and Luff would again join Whincup and Lowndes in the two regular cars, like last year.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

It will be a much sought after ride! I guess it will be Stoner and someone else, though I am not personally sure Stoner has done enough to warrant the gig. There are lots of fast young drivers itching for this kind of chance.

I am probably wrong though. Casey has shown speed - mixed with ****ty luck - but Mt Panorama is something else, even for a former 2x WC.

My jealousy is seeping through now, I would love an opportunity for a serious gallop around that track, in anything!

Re: Casey and the Supercars.

Well, it seems CS27 has had enough.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/09/13/sto ... abbatical/