Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    Is there a National Rally running behind the WRC Rally ? if so is there any information on it ? There has been one running the last few years i think .....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    Interesting point was pointed out by Rally Finland deputy clerck of the course Kari Nuutinen in Twitter earlier today. Power stage might be the first stage of the rally, but we won't know who scores the extra points until the end of the rally. By FIA sporting regulations (13.3.4), "to score point, driver must be classified in the Final Official Classification of the rally". So, if Ogier (or Loeb or Neuville or whoever) wins power stage, but retires in the final day, no extra points. But if he retires earlier and joins final leg by Rally2, he can score extra points.
    I think that is better if someone retired (and is out of the game of points) = zero points in power stage.....

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori
    Interesting point was pointed out by Rally Finland deputy clerck of the course Kari Nuutinen in Twitter earlier today. Power stage might be the first stage of the rally, but we won't know who scores the extra points until the end of the rally. By FIA sporting regulations (13.3.4), "to score point, driver must be classified in the Final Official Classification of the rally". So, if Ogier (or Loeb or Neuville or whoever) wins power stage, but retires in the final day, no extra points. But if he retires earlier and joins final leg by Rally2, he can score extra points.
    The rally2 rule makes no sense at all. What is better about crashing on day 1 or 2, than crashing on day 3? Shouldn't it be, the earlier you crash, the sooner you failed, the worse? Now you can crash and still "set" faster times than the slower drivers in the field...

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B
    The rally2 rule makes no sense at all. What is better about crashing on day 1 or 2, than crashing on day 3? Shouldn't it be, the earlier you crash, the sooner you failed, the worse? Now you can crash and still "set" faster times than the slower drivers in the field...
    Indeed, it makes absolutely no sense. Even a driver who crashes both in the 1st and 2nd days will have to chance to finish, while a driver who crashes in the 3rd one not...

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irish_tiger
    Is there a National Rally running behind the WRC Rally ? if so is there any information on it ? There has been one running the last few years i think .....
    no National Rally since last year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello, everyone! I want to download the road book for Rally France from its official website but after I open the file it wants a password. Any suggestions where I can get the password?

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rautiainen
    Hello, everyone! I want to download the road book for Rally France from its official website but after I open the file it wants a password. Any suggestions where I can get the password?
    All (and only) competitors receive these passwords, so if you want it, you must ask a competitor.

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vino_93
    no National Rally since last year
    Thank you Vino , but why not ?

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    organizers were not able to organize both.

First, it was done because they thought National competitors would have more view thank to WRC. In fact it caused lot of problems for them ...

First of all, our championship is quite professionnal, with big teams who can run 5 or 6 cars (we have a team championship), so they need a lot of place. That's why, instead of being close to WRC paddock, they were nowhere ... so noone goes to see them in the park. Sponsors weren't happy, as teams.

Secondly, regulation is a bit different btw french champ and WRC. It created problems (I think service park time or something like that).

thirdly, the state of the roads was really bad ...

And fourth, I think french organizers didn't do the right thing to preserve this event ... but at least that's good for them as Antibes is no more ERC round, even if now they have to delete a round (as Mācon was choose to replace Grand National, and this year Antibes is back in our championship).

But, as Grand National can't be run, organizers decided to cut the costs for the local crews who want to enter the WRC round. That's why our entry list was last year quite good out of regular WRC championships.