Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    One driver indicated to me that Dario was not comfortable with her expressing her political views in such a public manor. He likes to keep such things quiet, and my guess he is less of an activist. I'm not sure if he supports her views or not, but there are other rumors in some of the tabloids (great reading at he gym!) that she has political aspirations.
    The rumors have been pretty widely publicized about her possibly running for office. In keeping with my own admonishments above I'll keep my opinion on that to myself. But I hadn't heard anything about that being a source of friction between Ashley and Dario.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    The rumors have been pretty widely publicized about her possibly running for office. In keeping with my own admonishments above I'll keep my opinion on that to myself. But I hadn't heard anything about that being a source of friction between Ashley and Dario.

Gary
    My wife buys the entertainment rags and I saw an article last weekend in Star that quoted a "source" as saying the big issue between them was that Dario wanted to settle down to a quiet life with kids after racing while Ashley wanted it to be about career, politics, and activism. Dario was dead set against a political life and Ashley wasn't interested in having kids.

I don't put any stock into the tabloids, so take the above with a grain of salt. But it rings true as growing apart and wanting to take life in different directions is what breaks up most couples.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    It is also our preogative to express ourselves, in support of, or in this case, against, her views.
    I am imagining that you would have not the slightest problem were she expressing right-wing political views. Instead, because they're not, you'd rather she didn't push forward her agenda. Am I right?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nope, wrong..again.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I am imagining that you would have not the slightest problem were she expressing right-wing political views. Instead, because they're not, you'd rather she didn't push forward her agenda. Am I right?
    I do not like ANYONE from Hollywood using their "star" status to push their agenda, right or left.
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    I do not like ANYONE from Hollywood using their "star" status to push their agenda, right or left.
    Agree. That went for Heston on the right as well as all the far left so called "stars". Just because you can sing, run fast or act does NOT make your opinion on any other subject more relevant that mine, my next door neighbor's or the lady who lives across town. Given many of their off stage behaviors, they are even less qualified to be heeded than I.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Everybody says that and yet there they are. Being pushed to the forefront by campaign managers and marketers alike. It isn't like celebrities or sports stars are used to sell products.

Please note the Sarcasm!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Disagree. If you have an opinion, you might as well share it. Everyone on the internet already does.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Why should they be prevented from expressing an opinion like anybody else?

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    How sad that American politics should have become so absurdly polarised as to merit irrelevant comment in a non-related thread.
    How absurd that you turned a sad topic into ANOTHER opportunity to take pot shots at the USA. First, the Sandy Hook gun tragedy, now this.

Trust us--we get it that you don't like our country. I suggest we start a thread in Chit Chat devoted solely to your anathema toward us. That way I don't have to accidentally stumble upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by keysersoze
    How absurd that you turned a sad topic into ANOTHER opportunity to take pot shots at the USA. First, the Sandy Hook gun tragedy, now this.

Trust us--we get it that you don't like our country. I suggest we start a thread in Chit Chat devoted solely to your anathema toward us. That way I don't have to accidentally stumble upon it.
    Utter nonsense. I have no dislike for your country whatsoever, so enough of the victim mentality. The notion of disliking an entire country is an absurd one. I don't even think it's an especially controversial statement to say that American politics have become overly polarised, and this strikes me as highly relevant to the matter in hand.