Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRally
    I am curious if the will pick up the last reserve, to fill box 56
    'Can't be that curious... The answer is in my post above yours....
    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..." jimclark

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The GTE-AM Prospeed Porsche will take up the 56th entry slot for the 2013 Le Mans 24 Hour
    LE MANS the GREATEST race

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimclark
    'Can't be that curious... The answer is in my post above yours....
    True, and they are 3 boxes down from us, team had everything on stand by for just this case.
    Anyway test day went great, now looking forward to next week
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    One of my favourite motorsports weekends of the year.

Who is going to try and last the 24 hours?
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did it last year, it wasn't pretty and there was no coffee left in the house once it was over. I may have dozed off..maybe at the 2am hr? Just for a few but stayed up for the rest.

I have tried sleeping during the race at night, but I find it a strange feeling to wake up again after missing so much.

So I have recently tried the whole thing. Occasionally drifting in and out of sleep.

As an F1 fan, its good to see so many F1 drivers on the entry list.

I count 17 at a quick glance.

2013 24 Hours of Le Mans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    In order to understand how the teams and cars (not all of them of course) roughly compared to each other before this race, I looked at the results section for the 2013 World Endurance Championship season.

2013 FIA World Endurance Championship season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Le Mans is the third race of this season. So far it looks like in LMP1, the Audi team dominates Toyota having taken 1-2 and 1-2-3 is the first two races. Unless Toyota finds a new source of speed, they can only hope for unreliability or other bad luck in the Audi camp.

The the GT classes in the first two races seem to have been dominated by Aston Martin and Ferrari. The GT class competition in Le Mans almost certainly must be more interesting, because besides Aston, Ferrari, and Porsche, some teams will bring Corvette and SRT Viper to this fight. Right now Porsche 911 is probably not expected to be the class leader as the current Porsche racer is the GT3 RSR car from the previous 997 family of cars, while the company is in the middle of designing new 991 based race car.

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    The LM GTEPRO Porsche 911 GT3s are the new 991 model. As raced at Silverstone in April. The Porsche AG team.

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    In order to understand how the teams and cars (not all of them of course) roughly compared to each other before this race, I looked at the results section for the 2013 World Endurance Championship season.

2013 FIA World Endurance Championship season - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Le Mans is the third race of this season. So far it looks like in LMP1, the Audi team dominates Toyota having taken 1-2 and 1-2-3 is the first two races. Unless Toyota finds a new source of speed, they can only hope for unreliability or other bad luck in the Audi camp.

The the GT classes in the first two races seem to have been dominated by Aston Martin and Ferrari. The GT class competition in Le Mans almost certainly must be more interesting, because besides Aston, Ferrari, and Porsche, some teams will bring Corvette and SRT Viper to this fight. Right now Porsche 911 is probably not expected to be the class leader as the current Porsche racer is the GT3 RSR car from the previous 997 family of cars, while the company is in the middle of designing new 991 based race car.
    Huh??? All of the above confused the living sheet out of me... If Toyota " having taken 1-2 and 1-2-3 is the first two races", how has Audi dominated??? (I'm playing devils advocate, of course)....
    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..." jimclark