I'm a big fan of Rally America and the crews involved in it.

We think we've got it bad with rallying being a niche sport in the UK, those guys have it ten times worse. Add in the distances and costs involved in simply getting to each event and the people involved are truly dedicated. There are a number of crews who are really switched on to the marketing and commercial side of things and UK drivers with an interest in that stuff should study what they are doing over in the USA.

Plus there is a real British interest with possibly the only professional rally driver from the UK, David Higgins, still making a living out of the sport over there. He's almost the Sebastien Loeb of the Rally America National Championship and if he wins it again in 2013 it will be his third title in a row.

I've no idea why more UK rally fans don't take an interest in the series.

Anyway, in an attempt to inspire UK rally fans I've put together an event preview of the Sno*Drift Rally with lots of pretty pictures and I've assembled a playlist on YouTube. I'll add a fresh news feed and YouTube playlist for each day of the event like I did for Monte Carlo. Links below for the previews and day one news.

Event Preview

News Feed - Day One

YouTube Videos Preview