Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts

Roger Albert Clark Rally

Anybody in SE England fancy car sharing to see the Friday night and Saturday sections of the RAC - Leaving London 12 noon on the Friday?
    Word is that in addition to Perez' Stratos and the usual historic Essies and Chevettes that Juha Kankunnen may be participating. However the Solberg Motor Show on the same weekend has got Petter and JML showing off their Mk IIs and I hope that isn't a more attractive event for JK. PM me if interested.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Another year goes by that I have to give this event a miss! Maybe next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Another year goes by that I have to give this event a miss! Maybe next year!

How about Sardinia in June 13?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    I dont think il be able to do that one either as it will be too close to our family holiday towards the end of May

I will let you know ASAP if that changes!

Liked 40 Times in 12 Posts
    We're doing it Phil! Going up Friday evening, sleeping in the cars at Duncombe Park for the Saturday stages then moving up to the Scottish borders for the Sunday.

My first RAC - can't wait!
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishRallyMedia/

Forgot to add the unseeded entry list so far, some fantastic cars and drivers entered already including reigning BHRC Champion Julian Reynolds.

Entries

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    As ever, should be a fantastic event. Haven't missed one, I'm slightly disappointed they're not running on the Monday, and going to Ae Forest on the Sunday, but fully understand why. Dalby, Langdale, Kielder in November - you can't beat it.

In fact, it's the Malton Forest Stages in Sunday, a perfect recce for the RAC.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Half
    We're doing it Phil! Going up Friday evening, sleeping in the cars at Duncombe Park for the Saturday stages then moving up to the Scottish borders for the Sunday.

My first RAC - can't wait!
    Shame you won't be early enough for Dalby on Friday evening, I'll just be doing that and Gale Rigg on Saturday morning, maybe Croft in the afternoon.
    If we don't coincide at any point have a stonker, I'm sure you'll love every minute. At least you wont have me snoring in your car at Duncombe
    Still hopeful the Juha will be entering!

Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory
    Shame you won't be early enough for Dalby on Friday evening, I'll just be doing that and Gale Rigg on Saturday morning, maybe Croft in the afternoon.
    If we don't coincide at any point have a stonker, I'm sure you'll love every minute. At least you wont have me snoring in your car at Duncombe
    Still hopeful the Juha will be entering!
    Change of plan! We're coming up for the Friday night stages now, and having seen some in-car footage from Duncombe Park we're giving that a miss, and heading for Gale Rigg instead. Any decent locations in there?

Re. Juha; I have it from a good source that Mark Solloway has the funding to run a car on the event, and as he entered Juha on the Neath Valley Stages earlier this year....

Also seen today that Bernard Munster has entered in a 911 RSR, keeps getting better by the day!

Rhod

ps. I still have nightmares about that night in the car before Shakedown!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Half
    Change of plan! We're coming up for the Friday night stages now, and having seen some in-car footage from Duncombe Park we're giving that a miss, and heading for Gale Rigg instead. Any decent locations in there?

Re. Juha; I have it from a good source that Mark Solloway has the funding to run a car on the event, and as he entered Juha on the Neath Valley Stages earlier this year....

Also seen today that Bernard Munster has entered in a 911 RSR, keeps getting better by the day!

Rhod

ps. I still have nightmares about that night in the car before Shakedown!!
    Hola Rhoderigo

Just back from Spain, I will PM you re. Gale Rigg. Better to overnight at low level and get to the stage in the mornng, as it's several degs lower at the height of Gale Rigg (as I found out on the Trackrod! Frost in September.). Best Fish and Chips are in Thornton Dale and open after Dalby finishes for reviving the cold bits.