Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lots of speculation in the press and half of it rubbish.

Toto is in and Norbert is gone. Facts.

As for Ross, I 'expect' him to stay on. It isn't cast in stone that Toto arriving is his departure. Pat also has done a superb job despite what the fans think. At Honda he had his hands tied until the last year but then produced a great car. I can't see why Mercedes wouldn't incorporate Paddy and Pat to spearhead the direction.

Looks like a very strong team is developing but only if Mercedes can get all departments singing off the same hymn sheet.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    all this news at mercedes is troubling
    To me they got too many chef's at the moment, and worse yet, too many chefs with massive ego's

Whatever happens in 2013, the firs iteration of the car has already been designed and it will be what it is
    I suspect Brawn will stay on if the car proves to be successful, but if it goes like 2012 did, then I am pretty sure he will be gone
    Any team without Fry is a better team imo
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    What is it about Fry that so many fans dislike? I've always seen him as a very valuable and loyal manager that any team would be lucky to have.
    Corporate guy fast tracked into the upper echelon of F1 management.

I don't have a huge issue over him other than he is very difficult to warm to. Well spoken in the sense that he obviously spent a lot of time in the boardroom and even now you never quite sense that he has racing in his blood - CEO of MGP and background head-honcho with BGP perceptively says as much from an outsider's perspective.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    To me they got too many chef's at the moment, and worse yet, too many chefs with massive ego's
    That's what Dr. Marko said as well. Too many chefs at Mercedes and nobody knows who is doing exactly what.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for breaking the story Eddie Jordan!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    F1: 'Financial Crisis' Threatens Formula 1, Horner Visits Ferrari - Reports | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications
    Wolff hopes angry Brawn doesn't quit Toto Wolff says he hopes Ross Brawn stays at Mercedes.
    With Wolff buying 30 per cent of the German team and becoming executive director, it is strongly rumoured that he has wooed McLaren's Paddy Lowe to join him.
    That would appear a direct undermining of team principal and technical expert Brawn's position, with Daily Express journalist Bob McKenzie reporting that the 58-year-old is therefore "close to quitting".
    Wolff said: "It's all speculation. Ross is here as part of the leading team and I hope he is going to stay."
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    Pat also has done a superb job despite what the fans think. At Honda he had his hands tied until the last year but then produced a great car. I can't see why Mercedes wouldn't incorporate Paddy and Pat to spearhead the direction.
    Sorry, had a complete brain meltdown. I was of course refering to Nick and not Pat who is still very much at Ferrari. I blame age. Doh!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I think we knew who you meant
    Let me know will yer, as I don't have a clue

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    Actually it turns out they don't have enough chefs:
    Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes is hungrier than any team he's seen

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    Actually it turns out they don't have enough chefs:
    Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes is hungrier than any team he's seen
    He never said there were too many chefs only that the chefs are hungry (and probably not doing their jobs right! ).

Apparantly its to do with Brawn's long term commitment. He insisted he was in the loop with regarding Paddy Lowe Brawn says,