Page 7 of 340 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Most likely but it seems the car was not that brilliant.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    But Canellas had some good times later as a priveteer.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He had indeed, and in one of he most beautiful Cordobas built, but Auriol always complained about it being unstable and unpredictable "like a snake" were his words on one occasion and not even Gronholm himself managed to bright in it. Of course it never had the best of development programs around.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Really liked the car. Especially ibiza kit cars, no F2 could beat it on gravel.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Speaking of Seat, why did VAG choose to make Skoda focus on rally and Seat in touring cars?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would imagine at the time VAG could only be see benefit from one WRC program, the cordoba proved to be the weaker car and the plug was pulled, but I am only speculating. It was still another three years before Seat went into touring cars.

I would like to know how competitive Skoda could be now in the WRC if they could produce a WRC spec car, the Fabia S2000 would arguably make the best platform for one. And the experience they have gained over the last decade in various levels in the sport. Such a thing I would imagine to be unlikely though, but I do believe that VAG has no problem with inter-brand competition, perhaps why their unleashing Porsche on Le Mans...

Giá t?t b?n hi?n. r?nh ph? mình ch? ký nha. thanks!

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Given all the talk and all who speak out about what is wrong with rallying, such as the FIA has done everything wrong for years, or that the rules meant for car classes makes it too expensive to participate in sport etc. etc, we should perhaps illustrate the whole problem (seen with my eyes, of course).

Virtually all sports are becoming more and more commercialized. More and more people will try to make money on
    sport and many of them are not even interested in the sport they want to make money from. The main point is to make money. This means that there is very strong competition between all sports to appear in the media, and especially to be interesting for the TV companies that have also become more and more commercialized. In other words, it is all about ratings and marketing value. Something have to be sold and everyone will try make money on it.

Rally also competes with other forms of motorsport (when talking about the viewing figures). Are we talking about motorsport on four wheels are of course all forms of racing the competitor, F1, WTCC etc etc.

Rally in the U.S. For example, compete with NASCAR and IndyCar, and it is not easy.

In addition, rally competes with all forms of motorsport on two wheels.

Sport channels or sport on TV compete with news and news channels, movie channels and movies, television shows etc etc etc.

TV competes with computer, the web and all forms of video games.

What am I up to, all this competition for people's interest, some lose. The loser (rally lovers) has not necessarily done anything wrong, they may not have understood how good the others are.

For example: Loeb were not born. Solberg had been champion three times, Gronholm 2 times more, 2 times Hirvonen, Latvala 1 time, and Ogier already 2 times. All would have been declared a genius and all seasons would have been very exciting. MW and Ford would have been very successful.
    But the problem is; Loeb was born, and thereby were all the other failed idiots.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Therefore Loeb is the problem. Another beer please!!!!!

Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donney
    Therefore Loeb is the problem. Another beer please!!!!!
    Loeb was not the problem, but you probably understand what I meant.

Come on guys, no one has a comment. To explain what I meant by the example of Loeb: Loeb is the winner in line with the sports that wins the battle with other sports, or those who promote other sports. Journalists are also competing about or for the sports they love, maybe motorsport journalists are not ambitious enough.