Page 26 of 336 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts

Re: Rally Discussion and Bar Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Brother john just confirmed the Abraham Lincolns quote "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

at first he sounded like a good choice but he really blew it... he was all over the place with wrong decisions at first... but to ban Mirek one of the few people that actually contribute stuff was just plain wrong and stupid. de-mod him now i say.

by the way i still have not found out why or who banned me... but you all treat me like a fleabag dog in here so ok... i forgive you....maybe.
    +1

And dear N.O.T. You could see the result when you were banned, everyone... well except for some mod, wanted you back. BTW, you have matured a bit since then, haven´t you?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts

Mirek, good for your to discuss this openly.. refreshing.
    I read your response to the jerk wishing whoever would crash. Jeezuz it was mild.

If Brotherjohn some how--any how ----thought that your comments were "Lifetime Ban" worthy--then it is clear he doesn't understand his position and clear---as if it wasn't obviously from the first week----that he doesn't have the judgement to decide who should speak and who must be silenced.

Unfortunately it seems as though a lot of the mods do the ban thing exactly as you've described: log on and a stark message "You've been banned. Duration: Lifetime" or some crap...

Not a peep, not one word... And i have received email/pm from several others---thoughtful and amusing guys---who siad the same thing.
    Not a word..

So on that point, don't think that was anything extra special, evidently that is the degree of contempt the mods have for the people who write the content which is the point of these "discussion" forums..

Maybe if you tried more cheerleading, you know colorful skirt, some pom-poms and practiced some high kicks like this

maybe then the Mods would love you more..

maybe not.
    maybe there should be a semi-formalized method like a "re-call" we do in US elections for when somebody has lost the confidence of membership...like 'vote then out" of their position...

Good to see that the decision was rescinded but it should never had happened in the first place without any explanation.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts

Are there results for Monte Carlo pickems anywhere ?
    Actually I probably don't want to see them, I will need to drown my sorrows. Speaking of which way is the bar and is it open for Sweden followers to assemble in yet ?
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan
    Actually I probably don't want to see them, I will need to drown my sorrows. Speaking of which way is the bar and is it open for Sweden followers to assemble in yet ?
    Sorry for the delay but Mark isn't responding to Pickem set up requests.
    I shall manually have to calculate in the near future if we don't have an auto system (something I haven't had time to do since RMC and something I'd hoped to avoid with over 100 entries!). Sweden too by the looks of it
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan
    Sorry for the delay but Mark isn't responding to Pickem set up requests.
    I shall manually have to calculate in the near future if we don't have an auto system (something I haven't had time to do since RMC and something I'd hoped to avoid with over 100 entries!). Sweden too by the looks of it

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts

I think it should not be too difficult if you know how MS Excel works?

Anyway, we will keep waiting patiencely.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EightGear

I´m not good at Excel. but can manage it. If you like you´d put down a programme and join a couple of forum members and we all together could get the PIckems result?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts

Can help you out as well P with the Pickems. Should be easy to create an excel spreadsheet for it and we can upload it somewhere where can be publicly viewed (google documents maybe?)

Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan
    Can help you out as well P with the Pickems. Should be easy to create an excel spreadsheet for it and we can upload it somewhere where can be publicly viewed (google documents maybe?)
    Thanks for the offer Y, much appreciated. I'm not too proud to admit that beyond simple summation I'm a MS dinosaur! Google Documents would be ideal. I'll sort out the points award criteria in tabular form and if there is still no sign of Mark replying by Monday next, let's go ahead so the system is launched and up to date before Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear

I´m not good at Excel. but can manage it. If you like you´d put down a programme and join a couple of forum members and we all together could get the PIckems result?
    Thanks Per, as Y is local to me in London it will be relatively easy for us to thrash this matter out! Rest assured, Pickems will survive!