Page 141 of 336 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3353
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Rally Discussion and Bar Talk Thread

Cheap beer costs about 3e/liter. All the mass brand lagers taste the same, like piss. Lapin Kulta is the closest to a real pilsener. I would go for Olvi IPA, proper beer, bang for a buck (or two)

2. Likes: cali (22nd June 2018)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    Sorry for asking, is it true that beer in finland cost about 2.5 eur for a can? Carlsberg or heineken... just checked customs rules, says over 100 litres are allowed to bring in
    Some yes, but cheapest brands are less than 1€/can. With 2€ you get good beer, with 3€ excellent. Both Carlberg and Heineken are cheap brands in Finland.
    If you come with car, bring beer, Finns will buy all extra away...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Some yes, but cheapest brands are less than 1€/can. With 2€ you get good beer, with 3€ excellent. Both Carlberg and Heineken are cheap brands in Finland.
    If you come with car, bring beer, Finns will buy all extra away...
    being from a country where alcoholism is almost a national sport and referring to that bubbling piss as beer is an insult...

they are lagers... nothing to do with beers.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post

they are lagers... nothing to do with beers.
    Most of they were lagers, but now when limit is 5.5% what you can sell/buy at normal stores/gas-stations things have changed, IPA, APA, Weiss, Dark..
    Nearly everyone can find something to drink.
    I´m pisshead so I can drink lager also.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

6. Likes: cali (22nd June 2018),satnav (22nd June 2018)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Hayden Paddon's averaged 122.66 kph in winning Rally South Canterbury the latest round of the NZ Rally Championship. Only 6 WRC events have ever had a faster average speed, those 6 events were all Rally Finland
    Last edited by KiwiWRCfan; 25th June 2018 at 13:20. Reason: average speed corrected
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

8. Likes: journeyman racer (6th August 2018),MartijnS (25th June 2018),NickRally (26th June 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    Hayden Paddon's averaged 22.66 kph
    on a bicycle?

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    on a bicycle?
    hmmm - I must learn to proof read before pressing post. Original entry now corrected
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    NZ roads allow for superb high speed, flowing driving, especially in the south island! I hope with this expanding calendar that we might see a flicker of hope to see it back here in NZ again. Rallying in Japan would be disappointing as I went to WRC Rally Japan and the roads were crap. The spectator areas were far and few between, and despite Hokkaido being big and expansive (looking a lot like NZ) they chose the worst roads possible to run as special stages. As spectators we saw next to nothing because the stages were so narrow you weren't allowed to walk in at all!
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

12. Likes: AndyRAC (26th June 2018),janvanvurpa (27th June 2018),journeyman racer (6th August 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Nicky Grist

Old Safari rallies were timed to the minute, if at the end of a section you are close to the next minute, you pass the time card to the driver, he hands it to the catcher, when the catcher has it, he shouts TIME, and the timekeeper stops the clock. That’s what is in this picture!

https://twitter.com/nickygrist/statu...79441632792577

14. Likes: electroliquid (26th June 2018),NickRally (27th June 2018),pantealex (27th June 2018)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCfan View Post
    NZ roads allow for superb high speed, flowing driving, especially in the south island! I hope with this expanding calendar that we might see a flicker of hope to see it back here in NZ again. Rallying in Japan would be disappointing as I went to WRC Rally Japan and the roads were crap. The spectator areas were far and few between, and despite Hokkaido being big and expansive (looking a lot like NZ) they chose the worst roads possible to run as special stages. As spectators we saw next to nothing because the stages were so narrow you weren't allowed to walk in at all!
    I saw some Japanese National Championship thing in the winter and all you say was the roof--occasionally..
    I saw summer coverage and the roads were NARROW...and the woods were lush, overgrown..

Then again I have heard many MANY "fan-boi" fans--invariably guys whose entire experience is via TV and games say "You don't really need specators, its ALL aboout the TV package.."

I want to shoot them but there's some chance that somebody might notice they had large holes in their heads..
    Then again, maybe not.
    But others might certainly noticed that they stopped tweeting and updating their Pacefook status and i might get arrested.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat