Page 133 of 336 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 3352
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    And after that you only driven 4WD Mitsus?
    after that was an ex rally 2105,a renault5 gt turbo,peugeot 306 6speed,and after that the Mitsubishi evo viii
    none of them had close relations with olive trees.

2. Likes: cali (1st June 2018),Mirek (1st June 2018),N.O.T (2nd June 2018),pantealex (2nd June 2018),Rallyper (1st June 2018),steve.mandzij (1st June 2018),tommeke_B (1st June 2018),TWRC (2nd June 2018)
    Liked 379 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    Not to be confused with the Fast & Furious-type junk movie with the same title released last year, 'Over Drive' is a Japanese-made drama about two brothers,(and the compulsory love interest girl!), one a driver the other his mechanic, competing in a domestic rally series with the ultimate aim of joining the WRC. No doubt, inspired (and maybe financed) by Toyota, it features quite a lot of stage action. Anyway, I am going to the premiere in Obihiro City tomorrow, so can post a critic of it here over the weekend. BTW, I can't recall any recent movies with a rally theme......was there a Jackie Chan one or was that more racing? http://overdrive-movie.jp/about/introduction.html
    Well, I thought it was a very good movie with some of the key scenes borrowed from the WRC. Also, a lot of effort was made to portray authentic Service Park action (the movie mechanics were trained by well-known APRC/WRC mechanic Miede-san) . The hero's car is an actual Toyota S2000 car imported from South Africa for the movie, though fitted with turbo engine in SP scenes. Also, you will note in this behind the scenes video that it changes from left hand drive to right hand drive (movie magic!). His rival's car is a modified normal car, C3. The movie credits list Nutahara (ex-PWRC) and Katsuta (National Champion) as stunt drivers as well as Mark de Jong ( advisor from WRC Promoter) Some lol moments for me were the 'Tokyo -Odaiba Rally' special stage on the Tokyo Expressway and the 'Hokkaido Ohotsk Rally' where the hero crashes after the Fafe SS jump (some clever CG work, there!). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1r379kG7YA
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

4. Likes: NickRally (2nd June 2018),Rally Power (2nd June 2018),sonnybobiche (4th June 2018),the sniper (2nd June 2018)
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    [QUOTE=Zeakiwi;1183251]
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRally View Post
    Chaps and chapesses, I wanted to share something that I have been working on for some time – Lanica Rally 037 is one of my all-time favourite completion cars (you might have noticed a 037 theme to my avatar) and ever since it ended its rally career I have been asking myself how would a potential successor look like - 30 years on I have a design that I am happy with and would like to share here. Will it ever be built? Don’t know, I’ve never been any good at finding the budgets required to do engineering projects of that magnitude, while doing it at kit car level (no disrespect to this field by the way) is not something I currently intend to do. Either way, the project was/is a great fun and anything further from now one is a bonus.

More here: www.rally037.com

Lancia Delta Integrale - update limited edition

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/l...el-125995.html
    Thank you.

As they point out, it is a Singer type of project, i.e. slightly different to what I am trying to achieve, but the Integrale is up there on my list of favorite competition cars and I wish them best of luck, hope they manage to do what they are aiming for.

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/art...-car-hype-year

6. Likes: Rally Power (2nd June 2018)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danon View Post
    Diorama WRC Rally Mexico 2017 K.Meeke - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=cba726e4ad
    One must not miss their other creations, unbelievable!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/XMRmodel...76906772813603

8. Likes: EightGear (5th June 2018),NickRally (3rd June 2018),pantealex (3rd June 2018),Rallyper (3rd June 2018),sonnybobiche (4th June 2018),the sniper (5th June 2018),TWRC (3rd June 2018)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

10. Likes: steve.mandzij (6th June 2018)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Interesting to see that Rally Finland topic has more viewers than the coming Rally Sardegna topic. And still 50 days before NRF:
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

12. Likes: pantealex (7th June 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Interesting to see that Rally Finland topic has more viewers than the coming Rally Sardegna topic. And still 50 days before NRF:
    I have noticed the same with my blog posts. A blog post about the history of Ruuhimäki got the same amount of views in hours as Sardegna, Portugal or Argentina previews got in a number of weeks.

14. Likes: pantealex (7th June 2018),Rallyper (7th June 2018),sonnybobiche (11th June 2018)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Having watched the full 3 days of Sardinia and then watched the F1 race in Montreal, I think at this point WRC is clearly a more entertaining form of motorsport. Sorry if this is a spoiler for anyone, but over the entire two hours of the Montreal race, there was only one change of position in the top seven. Daniel Ricciardo went from 6th to 4th. And I think that overtake happened through pitstops, not on the track, although honestly I can't even remember. Sebastian Vettel started P1 and led every lap of the race from start to finish.

Why is F1 considered the pinnacle of motorsport again? I mean, I see the appeal for the autistic-spectrum types who love Formula E and look forward to the forthcoming driverless RoboRace series, but why would any normal person prefer F1 to WRC anymore? We went through a really awful period of Loeb/Citroen and then Ogier/VW dominance for a while there, but I think the situation really changed in 2017. We now have a better series in terms of the racing, if not the coverage of that racing (although All Live is improving every rally IMO).

So is it just a matter of time before motorsport fans come over to WRC? Does the promoter have to do more to market the series? Or do most people just not have the patience to follow a rally for 3 days? I think it's the marketing, but that's just me.

16. Likes: AMSS (11th June 2018),AndyRAC (11th June 2018),dnb (14th June 2018),NickRally (11th June 2018),Rally Power (11th June 2018),Rallyper (11th June 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Having watched the full 3 days of Sardinia and then watched the F1 race in Montreal, I think at this point WRC is clearly a more entertaining form of motorsport. Sorry if this is a spoiler for anyone, but over the entire two hours of the Montreal race, there was only one change of position in the top seven. Daniel Ricciardo went from 6th to 4th. And I think that overtake happened through pitstops, not on the track, although honestly I can't even remember. Sebastian Vettel started P1 and led every lap of the race from start to finish.

Why is F1 considered the pinnacle of motorsport again? I mean, I see the appeal for the autistic-spectrum types who love Formula E and look forward to the forthcoming driverless RoboRace series, but why would any normal person prefer F1 to WRC anymore? We went through a really awful period of Loeb/Citroen and then Ogier/VW dominance for a while there, but I think the situation really changed in 2017. We now have a better series in terms of the racing, if not the coverage of that racing (although All Live is improving every rally IMO).

So is it just a matter of time before motorsport fans come over to WRC? Does the promoter have to do more to market the series? Or do most people just not have the patience to follow a rally for 3 days? I think it's the marketing, but that's just me.
    can you please keep that f1 talk for when you meet with your girlfriends at tea time ???

Nobody cares in here what a bunch of women and feminized men fans in team hats think or bother with...

damn kid... get your life sorted !!!!!!

18. Likes: sonnybobiche (11th June 2018)
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    No!! How many motorsport fans are aware (or interested) of the WRC?
    The Promoter still has to do miles more - and it has to be FREE coverage. All LIVE is good and getting better, but it's for the die hards. We had an absolutely barnstormer of a finish yesterday - it SHOULD have been the main motorsport story from the weekend. But guess what - it's all about the snoozefest in Canada.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

20. Likes: NickRally (11th June 2018),Rally Power (11th June 2018),Rallyper (11th June 2018),sonnybobiche (11th June 2018),the sniper (12th June 2018)