Page 88 of 340 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Heh, Bohemia = largest part of Czech Republic. Funny to see such name of a beer made in Portugal
    Bohemian Pilseners were the first pale lagers, which is the beer style 95% of all beer is nowadays, probably a reference to that.

It's a shame that big beer countries like Belgium and USA don't have a rally. But if Neuville wins the title, I'll toast that with a trappist ale.

Pint of bitter for Wales, a baltic porter for Poland, some sahti for Finland (although that might get dangerous). And don't get me started on Germany!

2. Likes: Rally Power (30th May 2017),steve.mandzij (29th May 2017)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    They dont have beer in USA, they have some water called "budweiser".....

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    In Finland it´s only Olvi Tupplapukki 8,5% ...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Bohemian Pilseners were the first pale lagers, which is the beer style 95% of all beer is nowadays, probably a reference to that.

It's a shame that big beer countries like Belgium and USA don't have a rally. But if Neuville wins the title, I'll toast that with a trappist ale.

Pint of bitter for Wales, a baltic porter for Poland, some sahti for Finland (although that might get dangerous). And don't get me started on Germany!
    I know

Here our beer market is transforming pretty quickly. In the past it was only Pilsner type beer but now there are dozens of small breweries growing every year preparing all sort of stuff one can imagine and it's pretty popular among the people. Here in Prague pubs with 10 and more taps are common thing. And I like it too. It brings way more variety and quality.

Still I plan to bring a lot of beer stuff from Ypres... as usually

Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    They dont have beer in USA, they have some water called "budweiser".....
    Just like in many other countries the most common stuff isn't of high quality but they have a lot of way better beers in USA than the water...

By the way sadly original Czech Budweiser (Budweiser = of Budějovice in German language) isn't very good beer either. At least I don't like it. But it's same with most of the big brands here such as Staropramen or Gambrinus. Pilsner Urquel is the only of the big ones which I like but not from a can! There is really a massive difference between Pilsner Urquel from steel tank and from can (bottle is better than can but worse than from keg and the way best is from tank).

By the way is this Czech speciality or are restaurants anywhere else also using large steel tanks for beer instead of kegs? I don't say it's everywhere but at least pretty common among Pilsner Urquel restaurants in CZ.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: itix (4th June 2017)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Vodka.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I know

Here our beer market is transforming pretty quickly. In the past it was only Pilsner type beer but now there are dozens of small breweries growing every year preparing all sort of stuff one can imagine and it's pretty popular among the people. Here in Prague pubs with 10 and more taps are common thing. And I like it too. It brings way more variety and quality.

Still I plan to bring a lot of beer stuff from Ypres... as usually

Just like in many other countries the most common stuff isn't of high quality but they have a lot of way better beers in USA than the water...

By the way sadly original Czech Budweiser (Budweiser = of Budějovice in German language) isn't very good beer either. At least I don't like it. But it's same with most of the big brands here such as Staropramen or Gambrinus. Pilsner Urquel is the only of the big ones which I like but not from a can! There is really a massive difference between Pilsner Urquel from steel tank and from can (bottle is better than can but worse than from keg and the way best is from tank).

By the way is this Czech speciality or are restaurants anywhere else also using large steel tanks for beer instead of kegs? I don't say it's everywhere but at least pretty common among Pilsner Urquel restaurants in CZ.
    Applies for most beer I think

9. Likes: pantealex (31st May 2017)
    Liked 12,207 Times in 5,241 Posts
    the steering wheels of different teams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-gFkNx8FLA
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: b3637853 (2nd June 2017)
    Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts

13. Likes: steve.mandzij (2nd June 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    the steering wheels of different teams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-gFkNx8FLA
    The Hyundai and M-Sport wheels look terribly crowded.

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

Trappist beer, mmmm.

I used to love Czech beer but have moved onto micro breweries and trappists.

Czech beer is still my preferred lager though. Czech beer in Czech Republic is so cheap it is ridiculous. The cost of living is less than half of that in sweden, and comparable beer is 7 times cheaper... And you get a bigger glass too.

Worst beer in the world is Sofiero, closely followed by Heineken.
    Last edited by itix; 4th June 2017 at 00:19.