Page 95 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Liked 211 Times in 114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    probably in a sewage-country where the dream of every dog living there is to border jump into the US...

what do you expect from a person that has as a standard of safety that none died... evolution of every species is achieved through prevention of death... but for latin americans that feed on mud that is not the case it seems.
    I feed on bread, fyi, and there's no reason why an Argentine would "border jump" to the US.

You make a valid point and those people are clearly super ignorant, but there's no need to sling insults around, especially not when you generalize an entire continent, basically.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 134 Times in 51 Posts
    probably in a sewage-country where the dream of every dog living there is to border jump into the US...

what do you expect from a person that has as a standard of safety that none died... evolution of every species is achieved through prevention of death... but for latin americans that feed on mud that is not the case it seems.
    Ah yes, all those great explorers and innovators that pushed Western civilization forward. How foolish of them not to know that it's actually safety, personal safety above all that's important! I'm American myself, but my parents were mud eaters and I spent some of my formative years eating mud, I suppose. One thing it did teach me is that it's perfectly possible to let people be responsible for their own lives. I have lots of faith in the ability of the common man to weigh risks and benefits for himself, and I have very little faith in the ability of the Mandarins to do it for him.

I don't understand how you rationalize the need for such nannyism today, given that everything was orders of magnitude less safe in the past, yet there was very little difference in terms of actual outcomes. I guess some people decide to switch off that rational part of their brain when they talk about safety. More important to just parrot what everyone else is saying.
    Last edited by sonnybobiche; 29th August 2017 at 16:02.

Liked 119 Times in 78 Posts
    Difference today is the culture especially with regards to people's expectations that they should receive "compensation" for injuries or death in the case of an "accident" regardless of it being down to their behaviour or not. The law still states that if a person is of sound body and mind that they should be responsible for their own actions however we are still witnessing an inquiry in the UK about someone being killed who should have known better.

The less than welcome import from the USA of the ambulance chasing lawyer has seen insurance premiums rocket and many events cancelled due to cover either being ridiculously high or not available. Death and injuries weren't acceptable in the past its just that they were viewed differently. Its not a defence to say that just because we witnessed the likes of Sintra in 86 that it should be ok now.

4. Likes: sonnybobiche (29th August 2017)
    Liked 1,841 Times in 904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Ah yes, all those great explorers and innovators that pushed Western civilization forward. How foolish of them not to know that it's actually safety, personal safety above all that's important! I'm American myself, but my parents were mud eaters and I spent some of my formative years eating mud, I suppose. One thing it did teach me is that it's perfectly possible to let people be responsible for their own lives. I have lots of faith in the ability of the common man to weigh risks and benefits for himself, and I have very little faith in the ability of the Mandarins to do it for him.

I don't understand how you rationalize the need for such nannyism today, given that everything was orders of magnitude less safe in the past, yet there was very little difference in terms of actual outcomes. I guess some people decide to switch off that rational part of their brain when they talk about safety. More important to just parrot what everyone else is saying.
    Thats why people voted for Trump...

Everyone is responsible for their own lives yes but...

did you ask the driver if he wants to dismember those less than humans ?
    did you ask the tax payer or the rally organiser if he wants to pay for hospitalizing those less than humans ?
    did you ask the spectators if they would like to wait for hours on a cancelled stage ?
    did you ask the the rest of the spectators if they would be ok seeing 2 lifeless corpses on their outing to enjoy a rally ?

very few things in life have no consequences to other people as well... but being an ancestor of mud eaters i think its hard to understand.
    The North Will Rise Again

6. Likes: AL14 (30th August 2017),AnttiL (29th August 2017),EightGear (29th August 2017),electroliquid (31st August 2017),EstWRC (29th August 2017),Rallyper (30th August 2017),steve.mandzij (29th August 2017),the sniper (30th August 2017)
    Liked 130 Times in 63 Posts
    + frightening the driver, which could lead (in best case scenario) to time loss because of going out of ideal trajectory or worse, a crash, which can injure/kill the car, occupants or spectators. They have to thank luck, there`s nothing else.

8. Likes: A FONDO (30th August 2017),AnttiL (29th August 2017),pantealex (30th August 2017)
    Liked 785 Times in 488 Posts
    To end this discussion up; that behavour is the worst I´ve ever seen and should be stopped. No other arguments in favour for doing that shouldn´t even be mentioned. A BIG warning to organizers. Watch and take action!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

10. Likes: pantealex (30th August 2017)
    Liked 416 Times in 231 Posts
    low life latin americans... their life worth less than that of a sick mouse.
    Their lives are worth exactly the same as your life.
    And yes, they are idiots..
    But well pretty clear that so are you.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

12. Likes: GravelBen (4th September 2017),pantealex (31st August 2017),racerx1979 (31st August 2017),Rallyper (31st August 2017),skarderud (31st August 2017),steve.mandzij (31st August 2017)
    Liked 1,841 Times in 904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Their lives are worth exactly the same as your life.
    No they are not... grow up.
    The North Will Rise Again

Liked 416 Times in 231 Posts
    No they are not... grow up.
    They are worth every bit as much as you.
    I grew up a long time ago...Got to be a man to do serious motorsport..
    Time you did..

And I don't even know them...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

15. Likes: racerx1979 (1st September 2017)
    Liked 70 Times in 30 Posts
    NZ Rally Car Database - nzrallycars.weebly.com

17. Likes: sonnybobiche (3rd September 2017)