Page 124 of 336 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3353
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    I don't know if anybody has already posted this? Sorry if this was already known.

motorsport.tv now have the rights to the Duke video archive. That means, among other things, video reviews of all WRC rallies between 1985 and 1991.

Those who have acces to the cable channel can spot them sometimes in the boradcasting schedule. For example during the coming Tour de Corse they will broadcast the 1986, 1988 and 1991 editions each day at 23:00 (and repeat later at night).

They also have an online streaming service. There they have currently WRC 34 videos uploaded. They upload new ones every few weeks. Here you can find all the classic WRC events that are currently uploaded: https://motorsport.tv/program/world-rally/196

It is a pay service but you get a one month free trial if you register now.

2. Likes: AnttiL (28th March 2018),Gregor-y (28th March 2018),Hartusvuori (28th March 2018),Jewy46 (28th March 2018),sonnybobiche (4th April 2018),steve.mandzij (28th March 2018)
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I would say the importance of the selection of co-driver is in the mental side, in getting a good team spirit and having good time during the rallies. Also an experienced co-driver can help a younger driver. But co-driver cannot "perform" in the way as a driver can. All he can do is read the pace notes correctly at correct time, make sure the car is at schedule on time control and so on.
    Apparently it was Martin Jarveoja that propelled Tanak to his championship contender status.

4. Likes: tommeke_B (28th March 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    I can't totally agree with that. If course ultimately it is the driver that makes the difference. But as a codriver you have a big influence on the mental side of driver. Some drivers need to be pushed to go fast, others need to be calmed down to stay out of trouble.
    On a WRC level the codriver has less influence on that. But on a national level and with less experienced drivers, a codriver can make a huge difference.
    Actually, I said basically the same in my post

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    in my opinion, co-drivers are really important (their experience and confidence that they give to driver). but I respect everybody's opinion

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    "Bartender! Please, can I have a double whisky? Have to close my ears for a while, zipping some drinkable."
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    can you name a co-driver that changed driver and made him world champion ?

Co-drivers are (almost) nothing.
    Time to find help N.O.T., if it's not too late yet...

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Co-drivers contribute maybe a 20% of the overall speed.... swap any co-driver of the top 10 drivers and the champion will not change... do the opposite and the fun begins...

co drivers are nothing compared to the drivers when actual results are compared...

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    You cannot put a percentage on what they contribute, their work isn't measurable (unless they make a mistake). But for example we have seen a big impact with Järveoja on Tänak, who wasn't constant and reliable, now he's one of the most reliable drivers in the championship. For Neuville there was a turning point in his career when he started working with Nicolas Gilsoul, Neuville would likely not be in the WRC now without Gilsoul. If codrivers were so unimportant as you say, there would be far more switches I think. Recently there are some drivers in WRC who switched codrivers, but most were already very reliable drivers with a lot of experience (Sordo, Ostberg, Mikkelsen).

11. Likes: electroliquid (29th March 2018),pantealex (28th March 2018),steve.mandzij (29th March 2018),the sniper (28th March 2018)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    You cannot put a percentage on what they contribute, their work isn't measurable (unless they make a mistake). But for example we have seen a big impact with Järveoja on Tänak, who wasn't constant and reliable, now he's one of the most reliable drivers in the championship. For Neuville there was a turning point in his career when he started working with Nicolas Gilsoul, Neuville would likely not be in the WRC now without Gilsoul. If codrivers were so unimportant as you say, there would be far more switches I think. Recently there are some drivers in WRC who switched codrivers, but most were already very reliable drivers with a lot of experience (Sordo, Ostberg, Mikkelsen).
    Agreed, my personal view is that VW forced Mikkelsen into dumping Ola Floene far too prematurely.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    For Neuville there was a turning point in his career when he started working with Nicolas Gilsoul, Neuville would likely not be in the WRC now without Gilsoul.
    Neuville has been fast and reliable with all his co-pilots. He's an example of the opposite of what you're trying to prove.