Page 307 of 340 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3395
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    So I looked at the FIA database and couldn't find anything, but I seem to remember two door GC8 Group A Imprezas (so not the WRC cars from 97 onwards). Where these a thing (obviously not works cars) or is my memory tricking me? Anybody got any insight?

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    So I looked at the FIA database and couldn't find anything, but I seem to remember two door GC8 Group A Imprezas (so not the WRC cars from 97 onwards). Where these a thing (obviously not works cars) or is my memory tricking me? Anybody got any insight?
    I’m not so sure there are any/many group A 2 door gc8 imprezas. Might be a few group n but think all the grp a impreza were built from type ra base cars (thinner lighter glass etc) which were pretty much built to use as the base for rally cars, and they were only made in 4 door shells.
    I could be wrong but I think that is why all grp a imprezas were 4 door.

3. Likes: dimviii (11th May 2023)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    me too,i dont remember 2 door gr A imprezas.

Hmm yes could be Group N cars as well, I need to try and find the video where I thought to have seen one.

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    I started watching the FIM Hard Enduro World Champonship on RedBull TV this weekend, first time watching it.
    The coverage is very similar to WRC's, I suppose.... But seeing a "new sport" for the first time felt really good regarding the presentation of the sport and the coverage of the important bits. (12min long videos)

Maybe RedbullTV's WRC coverage is pretty ok but when it comes to WRC we just got tired or think its not enough.
    The format is very similar to wrc too... A special stage on the first day and 3 days of "enduro" racing where fans on the course only see the guys passing by... and thats it haha Like stages in rally, somehow I guess?
    I know, two different worlds. Bikes and Cars, but anyway. Im changing my mind about the "broadcast" on redbull tv.
    I guess its just fine, especially for new fans starting to watch, u'know? The format is the same. If this sport got me hooked, then WRC has also that power.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (21st May 2023),AnttiL (21st May 2023)
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    I know I’ve seen one before: https://youtu.be/VMvKug5LMrQ

Only a brief explanation of it at 0:40, but I looked it up on ewrc-results.com a while back when you could check vehicle history etc. without subscription; if I remember correctly that particular one has not seen any special stage action in years, perhaps decades.

My guess it was either full group A spec parts transferred into a 2-door body or a 2-door group N with upgraded parts and referred to as being a group A - much like when you see an Evo VII, VIII or IX described as ‘group A’ spec. In those cases ‘group A’ loses meaning to me

9. Likes: becher (21st May 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    I know I’ve seen one before: https://youtu.be/VMvKug5LMrQ

Only a brief explanation of it at 0:40, but I looked it up on ewrc-results.com a while back when you could check vehicle history etc. without subscription; if I remember correctly that particular one has not seen any special stage action in years, perhaps decades.

My guess it was either full group A spec parts transferred into a 2-door body or a 2-door group N with upgraded parts and referred to as being a group A - much like when you see an Evo VII, VIII or IX described as ‘group A’ spec. In those cases ‘group A’ loses meaning to me
    Ah thanks, this is most likely the video I've seen it in the first place!

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    I started watching the FIM Hard Enduro World Champonship on RedBull TV this weekend, first time watching it.
    The coverage is very similar to WRC's, I suppose.... But seeing a "new sport" for the first time felt really good regarding the presentation of the sport and the coverage of the important bits. (12min long videos)

Maybe RedbullTV's WRC coverage is pretty ok but when it comes to WRC we just got tired or think its not enough.
    The format is very similar to wrc too... A special stage on the first day and 3 days of "enduro" racing where fans on the course only see the guys passing by... and thats it haha Like stages in rally, somehow I guess?
    I know, two different worlds. Bikes and Cars, but anyway. Im changing my mind about the "broadcast" on redbull tv.
    I guess its just fine, especially for new fans starting to watch, u'know? The format is the same. If this sport got me hooked, then WRC has also that power.
    Yeah, Hard Enduro is a great series, and only the third year of having an official FIM World Championship. The more established EnduroGP doesn't have as good coverage......and that is actually more like WRC, with a Friday evening Super Test follwed by 2 days of 3 special tests repeated over both days.

The next round of Hard Enduro, the Red Bull Erzbergrodeo is normally live on RBTV.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

12. Likes: lmmjvss (23rd May 2023)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Ah thanks, this is most likely the video I've seen it in the first place!
    Yeh I reckon it was just an odd car or two that had grp a parts put on a two door shell. It is a little odd Subaru didn’t make grp a 2 door but it might have been a marketing thing. The Impreza was ready to go before the Legacy was retired but they didn’t want to replace it until it had won a wrc event. After McRae won NZ it was then time for the Impreza to replace it so you can see Subaru do things with marketing in mind. The fact the 2 door type r Impreza was never sold elsewhere other than the Japanese domestic market probably had some part to play in it not being used, but when the wrc car regs replaced the grp a regs I would imagine the 2 door shell was used because the shell would most likely be stiffer and stronger to start with, and easier to convert bodywork for the wider track used.

14. Likes: becher (23rd May 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Yeh I reckon it was just an odd car or two that had grp a parts put on a two door shell. It is a little odd Subaru didn’t make grp a 2 door but it might have been a marketing thing. The Impreza was ready to go before the Legacy was retired but they didn’t want to replace it until it had won a wrc event. After McRae won NZ it was then time for the Impreza to replace it so you can see Subaru do things with marketing in mind. The fact the 2 door type r Impreza was never sold elsewhere other than the Japanese domestic market probably had some part to play in it not being used, but when the wrc car regs replaced the grp a regs I would imagine the 2 door shell was used because the shell would most likely be stiffer and stronger to start with, and easier to convert bodywork for the wider track used.
    Probably more to do with homologation for no advantage? The Impreza came in 1993 and stuck with the same homologation, the two door was launched in 1995 so could've found it's way to be rallied by Prodrive in 1996, by which time Prodrive was developing the WRC97 anyway. So homologating a two door shell that was only sold in very few markets didn't make sense.

Also do people really buy the story about the Legacy having to win? By any chance the Impreza might have never debuted.