Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 1,101 to 1,105 of 1105
    Liked 158 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    I think there's something about being a rally codriver that tends to make one naturally suited to leadership. There are too many examples to be mere coincidence. David Richards, Jean Todt, Luigi Macaluso, and now you tell us about Niinisto. I dare say many more co-drivers than drivers have gone on to success after their first careers.
    It might just be that they earn a lot less and therefore have to work longer.

Liked 336 Times in 139 Posts
    I think there's something about being a rally codriver that tends to make one naturally suited to leadership. There are too many examples to be mere coincidence. David Richards, Jean Todt, Luigi Macaluso, and now you tell us about Niinisto. I dare say many more co-drivers than drivers have gone on to success after their first careers.
    Maybe management rather than leadership?

3. Likes: janvanvurpa (6th December 2017),sonnybobiche (6th December 2017)
    Liked 93 Times in 46 Posts
    This was well put by Ari Vatanen in his early autobiography book (I think it was called “Every second counts”) talking about the mistake his co-driver made at the 1985 Monte Carlo Rally and the massive range of skills these people possess, he was very complimentary as far as I remember (read the book almost twenty years ago).

5. Likes: sonnybobiche (6th December 2017)
    Liked 1,063 Times in 511 Posts
    https://www.rally-maps.com/Rally-Finland-1986

Just in time for the Mahonen interview aftermaths. The route of the 1000 Lakes Rally 1986 had only one stage over 20 kms (SS19 Ekojärvi 22,23 km) and 11 stages between 10 and 20 km, with the remaining 36 stages under 10 kms long. Even Ouninpohja was cut into two 7 km stages.

Liked 619 Times in 262 Posts
    No live broadcast from Bologna this year?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net