Page 123 of 335 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 3346
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Co-drivers should deserve the same level of attention as drivers do, they have atleast as important job as drivers do but normally they don't get as much of recognition as they deserve.
    Hopefully Jared keeps doing what he does and learns to rally with notes aswell. We have a lot of young drivers but new and young co-drivers are always needed to keep the sport alive!
    the thing is, if you put ogier next to some other codriver, he will probably still win. if you put ingrassia next to some other driver, they will most likely not win anymore.

no matter how important codrivers are, they will never be as important and thus get the same attention as drivers. but on the other hand, they also don't get the same shit when things go bad.

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    the thing is, if you put ogier next to some other codriver, he will probably still win. if you put ingrassia next to some other driver, they will most likely not win anymore.

no matter how important codrivers are, they will never be as important and thus get the same attention as drivers. but on the other hand, they also don't get the same shit when things go bad.
    That's also true but Usually when driver wins it's always just "ogier" winning but when crash happens it's always "Ogier and Ingrassia" who made the mistake.
    It would be great if co-drivers would get more appreciation for what they do so maybe young kids would be more interested in that field aswell.
    Okay I totally agree that it shouldn't be 50-50 as drivers are and will always be the bigger and visual part in the car but co-drivers totally deserve more.
    like we saw in last years FIA price givings when Ogier received a big trophy while Ingrassia only got a small one.
    Rally has and always will be co-op championship. Drivers will be the big stars but we also need star co-drivers to fill the roles of retiring co-drivers.

Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Red or Blue?

Volkswagen Motorsport - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaCHFcfZBBs

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    Barman - Hi co-driver what would you like
    Co-driver - Anything just make it strong and make it a double
    Barman - What's wrong ? You really don't seem very happy
    Co-driver - I've been calling notes for years and what have I achieved ? What chance do I have now ?
    Barman - I don't understand, what's happened
    Co-driver - Here read this https://www.star.kiwi/2018/03/co-dri...-rally-winner/
    I hear he isn't actually the youngest rally winner in NZ, apparently Hayden Graves won Catlins rally (or was it Dusky? One of the ESCC club rallies anyway) co-driving for his dad (Andrew Graves, who also co-drives as well as driving) at the age of 12.

Great stuff all the same!

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Co-drivers should deserve the same level of attention as drivers do, they have atleast as important job as drivers do ...
    There's a fairly obvious flaw in your argument. I wonder if you can spot it.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Co-drivers should deserve the same level of attention as drivers do, they have atleast as important job as drivers do but normally they don't get as much of recognition as they deserve.
    can you name a co-driver that changed driver and made him world champion ?

Co-drivers are (almost) nothing.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Seppo Harjanne, champion first with Timo Salonen in 1985 and then with Tommi Mäkinen in 1996 and 1997, having ”coached” Mäkinen from the group N times in 1990 into a succesful factory driver.

8. Likes: HenryEST (28th March 2018),pantealex (28th March 2018),Sso (28th March 2018),steve.mandzij (28th March 2018)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post

Co-drivers are (almost) nothing.
    NO. Just no

10. Likes: CWJ (28th March 2018),electroliquid (28th March 2018),pantealex (28th March 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I would say the importance of the selection of co-driver is in the mental side, in getting a good team spirit and having good time during the rallies. Also an experienced co-driver can help a younger driver. But co-driver cannot "perform" in the way as a driver can. All he can do is read the pace notes correctly at correct time, make sure the car is at schedule on time control and so on.

12. Likes: electroliquid (28th March 2018)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    I can't totally agree with that. If course ultimately it is the driver that makes the difference. But as a codriver you have a big influence on the mental side of driver. Some drivers need to be pushed to go fast, others need to be calmed down to stay out of trouble.
    On a WRC level the codriver has less influence on that. But on a national level and with less experienced drivers, a codriver can make a huge difference.

14. Likes: AnttiL (28th March 2018),CWJ (28th March 2018),electroliquid (28th March 2018),HenryEST (28th March 2018),Jeppe (28th March 2018),pantealex (28th March 2018)