Page 313 of 340 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 3395
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Good that he's speaking out, but I'm slightly wary of what he's saying.......I think he's wanting something like end of leg points for Friday & Saturday....He's right about the Sunday though.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: HKSjbg (7th June 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Its gonna be a tough one to solve apart from fresh tyres for the PS.

Like many motorsport events and some other sports, the excitement drops away after the result has become decided. Like in F1 the win isn't often in doubt after the halfway point, or in football if one team has a decent lead with 20 mins to go.

It's fundamental for rallying has to have the endurance element and so every event cant always have a super-close battle for positions right to the end...

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Go Cyril! Really like the guy so far, isn’t afraid of saying things out

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/h...view/10479591/
    Lets wait till his idea/s become public and then give a verdict.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Rally is not only sprint + sprint + sprint (stages), but also strategy to keep all resources lasting (cars, tires, etc). From competition for overall places or from general entertainment point of view I can not see any benefit to get fresh set of tires for PowerStage.

When it comes to play - if super-rally guys have more fresh tires left than those who have done full race, then competitors with super-rally have tire-advantage for powerstage. Like it was this time (Sardegna) with Tänak and Takamoto.

So, I don't see fresh tires for powerstage for solution to make Sundays more interesting, as the main reason is lack of competitors and because of that, not enough for fighting for positions (and it will be extra killed with team-orders). But I can see the point to make it more equal to earn PowerStage points.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Even if someone have big lead in rallying nothing is decided until the last stage finishline. Look at Rally2 last weekend, for example.

That´s the secret with rallying. You never know final result until end.

PS fresh tires, absolutely. Thursday to Saturday, maybe.

I think the big bosses should take a common close look for a future format. In bosses I would include organizer representants, for example Kai T from Finland. They would also have a lot to say I guess.

Not sprint, but more endurance needed.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: AndyRAC (7th June 2023),cali (8th June 2023)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Points for the overall rally win. Points awarded at the end of each day for that days performances. i.e three rallies in one rally.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Good that he's speaking out, but I'm slightly wary of what he's saying.......I think he's wanting something like end of leg points for Friday & Saturday....He's right about the Sunday though.
    Yeah I read his Friday/Saturday comments to mean something like an over-hyping or gimmicky addition to the days proceedings. So long as the legs are long enough and arduous enough I think the entertainment will come in the form of not knowing exactly what’s going to unfold.

There’s not much wrong other than each leg could do with being a bit longer (especially the pathetically short Sundays)

10. Likes: AndyRAC (7th June 2023)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    If they decide to award extra points for days, stages etc then they must also change the overall points system, because otherwise winning/finishing rally doesn't meen too much..

Even at the moment 5 points from PS is quite a lot.. in Sardegna Rovanperä got more points for 3rd + PS win than Lappi for finishing rally on 2nd place.
    But some changes are needed for sure..

12. Likes: AndyRAC (7th June 2023),cali (8th June 2023)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Yes the points system would need looking at. Just throwing the idea out there, it would at least stop the cruising to the power stage on a Sunday.

I would suggest something along the lines of keeping overall points for the rally the same as is, but points for the day (leaderboard for the day based on that particular days performance, not the overall leaderboard) awarded to the top 6 on that day and starting at 10 points like the old system. Do away with power stage as that should see drivers scrapping to the last stage.
    Last edited by Norm75; 7th June 2023 at 15:51.

14. Likes: Rallyper (7th June 2023)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    The final day issue of 'managing a lead' or 'cruising' so as to avoid the risk of losing your result isn't confined to WRC. It happens and has happened for years in many, many rallies at all levels.

For example the other weekend Fourmaux was doing the Jim Clark Rally in the BRC. After two stages on the Friday night he'd built up a lead of 28 seconds. He then went through the 6 Saturday steadily and never in the top 3 stage times but still won the rally....