Page 312 of 340 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3395
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    The forum format does have an advantage for writing longer ideas. I think this is the most interesting place to talk about rally on the internet. I remember in the old days there used to be a lot of very interesting people posting. Pentti for example or remember when we had the best weather guy in the WRC doing weather forecast for us here? that was cool And others...

About assholes and such i guess it's up to the majority to decide what is acceptable but I know for a fact a couple people stopped coming here because let's say they didn't like the "atmosphere" or didn't want to be associated with certain types of discussion.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    I don't come here often now, it's so much more enjoyable to pop in occasionally and lurk for some alpha information or news, will post this as it's meta.

I don't think it's a great 'discussion forum' at all, for there's not much tolerance for alternative opinions. Those with the time and tendency to post mostly have negative energy and those with positive energy don't have the time or tendency to post, or they have their energy zapped. I can see why Antti might feel zapped, I saw even after he simply says he's taking a break due to the negativity, negativity instantly continued to shoot him.

Sulland said as much, but I disagree that aged accounts should somehow know everything. Times change and the world goes with it and certainly this sport has, and I don't think all aged accounts realise this and can be stuck with invalid points. You try and 'discuss' things you can be ignored, taken for a troll, or shot down with negativity. Actually, I was told to shut up for posting a factual point precisely about how WRC had changed over time, and so I've shut up and not looked back since. Even if jovial tone was/is intended it doesn't carry through the internet, it just spreads as assholery. Think I was both these at times, think I was driven to it for I didn't initially sign up to be a jerk.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    @skarderud , I hope that your son is a rally fan too! Im actually really young, but I'm big fan of rallying since 2017 In my city, I know here maybe 5 teenagers who are interested in rally too! It's always really nice to meet someone with same hobby
    @CeskyOndra thanks, he is. But my daughter even more, she also codrives sometimes.

If you show your friends the best YouTube clips of rally, i bet some more will be interrested.

Good you found this sport!

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Yes, its easy to be not that nice too members, or trolls, that is not that nice.
    But i'm fed up with all the "besserwissers" or even worse, DH's that try to ruin the good places, indended or not.
    The best norwegian forum was ruined by a couple of people that hided behind a nickname noone knows who was.
    If you are angry at someone, a public forum working well is not the right place to take it out.
    Take a walk in the forest and cry like a man instead

5. Likes: cali (8th June 2023)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    Maybe I am getting old but I do not really understand how to use this discord thing.

AFAIK, this forum right here is the only active international rally forum in the world.
    When I found it, maybe around 2008 or smth, it was from Marcus Grönholms website. In his links thread he recommended Motorsportforums. I fell in live immediately...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: cali (8th June 2023),TWRC (7th June 2023)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    I don't come here often now, it's so much more enjoyable to pop in occasionally and lurk for some alpha information or news, will post this as it's meta.

I don't think it's a great 'discussion forum' at all, for there's not much tolerance for alternative opinions. Those with the time and tendency to post mostly have negative energy and those with positive energy don't have the time or tendency to post, or they have their energy zapped. I can see why Antti might feel zapped, I saw even after he simply says he's taking a break due to the negativity, negativity instantly continued to shoot him.

Sulland said as much, but I disagree that aged accounts should somehow know everything. Times change and the world goes with it and certainly this sport has, and I don't think all aged accounts realise this and can be stuck with invalid points. You try and 'discuss' things you can be ignored, taken for a troll, or shot down with negativity. Actually, I was told to shut up for posting a factual point precisely about how WRC had changed over time, and so I've shut up and not looked back since. Even if jovial tone was/is intended it doesn't carry through the internet, it just spreads as assholery. Think I was both these at times, think I was driven to it for I didn't initially sign up to be a jerk.
    Well, those who are hypersensitive may have problems if they can´t see other people have different views. Shouldn´t be like that, bcs everyone contributes. Leaving on those grounds is kind of selfish...?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    When I found it, maybe around 2008 or smth, it was from Marcus Grönholms website. In his links thread he recommended Motorsportforums. I fell in live immediately...
    Yeah, same here because it is the only place in the internet I can communicate with other enthusiasts about my passion.

But to be honest, we deserve something better. Forum software is outdated and there is no big moderating team. This is why we have all these spammers destroying threads with ads for drugs.

I know that this costs money but we all enthusiasts must do something. e-wrc.com is an example of passionate people doing something great. Why cannot we do the same with a forum? In the end of the day, rally is our passion and this passion makes our lives better. We won’t live forever and we deserve a nice modern place to discuss.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Go Cyril! Really like the guy so far, isn’t afraid of saying things out

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/h...view/10479591/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: cali (8th June 2023),skarderud (7th June 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Go Cyril! Really like the guy so far, isn’t afraid of saying things out

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/h...view/10479591/
    Good to have this kind of people in charge!

13. Likes: cali (8th June 2023),EstWRC (7th June 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Yeah Cyril is a plus for Hyundai as well as the WRC itself. Let's see what they come up with!