Page 134 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1410
    Liked 1,029 Times in 607 Posts
    Interesting to see that Rally Finland topic has more viewers than the coming Rally Sardegna topic. And still 50 days before NRF:
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: pantealex (7th June 2018)
    Liked 1,911 Times in 876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Interesting to see that Rally Finland topic has more viewers than the coming Rally Sardegna topic. And still 50 days before NRF:
    I have noticed the same with my blog posts. A blog post about the history of Ruuhimäki got the same amount of views in hours as Sardegna, Portugal or Argentina previews got in a number of weeks.

4. Likes: pantealex (7th June 2018),Rallyper (7th June 2018),sonnybobiche (11th June 2018)
    Liked 232 Times in 86 Posts
    Having watched the full 3 days of Sardinia and then watched the F1 race in Montreal, I think at this point WRC is clearly a more entertaining form of motorsport. Sorry if this is a spoiler for anyone, but over the entire two hours of the Montreal race, there was only one change of position in the top seven. Daniel Ricciardo went from 6th to 4th. And I think that overtake happened through pitstops, not on the track, although honestly I can't even remember. Sebastian Vettel started P1 and led every lap of the race from start to finish.

Why is F1 considered the pinnacle of motorsport again? I mean, I see the appeal for the autistic-spectrum types who love Formula E and look forward to the forthcoming driverless RoboRace series, but why would any normal person prefer F1 to WRC anymore? We went through a really awful period of Loeb/Citroen and then Ogier/VW dominance for a while there, but I think the situation really changed in 2017. We now have a better series in terms of the racing, if not the coverage of that racing (although All Live is improving every rally IMO).

So is it just a matter of time before motorsport fans come over to WRC? Does the promoter have to do more to market the series? Or do most people just not have the patience to follow a rally for 3 days? I think it's the marketing, but that's just me.

6. Likes: AMSS (11th June 2018),AndyRAC (11th June 2018),dnb (14th June 2018),NickRally (11th June 2018),Rally Power (11th June 2018),Rallyper (11th June 2018)
    Liked 2,285 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Having watched the full 3 days of Sardinia and then watched the F1 race in Montreal, I think at this point WRC is clearly a more entertaining form of motorsport. Sorry if this is a spoiler for anyone, but over the entire two hours of the Montreal race, there was only one change of position in the top seven. Daniel Ricciardo went from 6th to 4th. And I think that overtake happened through pitstops, not on the track, although honestly I can't even remember. Sebastian Vettel started P1 and led every lap of the race from start to finish.

Why is F1 considered the pinnacle of motorsport again? I mean, I see the appeal for the autistic-spectrum types who love Formula E and look forward to the forthcoming driverless RoboRace series, but why would any normal person prefer F1 to WRC anymore? We went through a really awful period of Loeb/Citroen and then Ogier/VW dominance for a while there, but I think the situation really changed in 2017. We now have a better series in terms of the racing, if not the coverage of that racing (although All Live is improving every rally IMO).

So is it just a matter of time before motorsport fans come over to WRC? Does the promoter have to do more to market the series? Or do most people just not have the patience to follow a rally for 3 days? I think it's the marketing, but that's just me.
    can you please keep that f1 talk for when you meet with your girlfriends at tea time ???

Nobody cares in here what a bunch of women and feminized men fans in team hats think or bother with...

damn kid... get your life sorted !!!!!!
    The North Will Rise Again
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158173595@N03/albums

8. Likes: sonnybobiche (11th June 2018)
    Liked 470 Times in 271 Posts
    No!! How many motorsport fans are aware (or interested) of the WRC?
    The Promoter still has to do miles more - and it has to be FREE coverage. All LIVE is good and getting better, but it's for the die hards. We had an absolutely barnstormer of a finish yesterday - it SHOULD have been the main motorsport story from the weekend. But guess what - it's all about the snoozefest in Canada.
    WRC: On the long way to Recovery............
    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

10. Likes: NickRally (11th June 2018),Rally Power (11th June 2018),Rallyper (11th June 2018),sonnybobiche (11th June 2018),the sniper (12th June 2018)
    Liked 1,029 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    can you please keep that f1 talk for when you meet with your girlfriends at tea time ???

Nobody cares in here what a bunch of women and feminized men fans in team hats think or bother with...

damn kid... get your life sorted !!!!!!
    You shouldn´t flare up like that.

I got what he meant. Probably did you too. No harm in that state.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

12. Likes: AndyRAC (11th June 2018),AnttiL (11th June 2018),pantealex (11th June 2018)
    Liked 286 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    No!! How many motorsport fans are aware (or interested) of the WRC?
    The Promoter still has to do miles more - and it has to be FREE coverage. All LIVE is good and getting better, but it's for the die hards. We had an absolutely barnstormer of a finish yesterday - it SHOULD have been the main motorsport story from the weekend. But guess what - it's all about the snoozefest in Canada.
    It'd be interesting to know, at least roughly, how many paid subscribers All Live actually has. It's great and getting better, with a long way to go, but look alone at how many of the hardcore here don't/won't actually pay for it. I can't imagine the subscriber numbers are that big and I'd be amazed if the income from that covers the cost of producing it, so surely the promoter and manufacturers should consider the benefits of just providing it for free and distributing it more widely, rather than just on the own website. You could still keep WRC+ as a paid element with maps and the on board/TV/All Live video archive.

14. Likes: AndyRAC (12th June 2018),jparker (12th June 2018),m-ast (12th June 2018),NickRally (12th June 2018),pantealex (12th June 2018),Rally Power (12th June 2018),Rallyper (12th June 2018),sonnybobiche (12th June 2018)
    Liked 2,285 Times in 1,068 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    You shouldn´t flare up like that.

I got what he meant. Probably did you too. No harm in that state.
    trust me if you let the brits taken over by their autism they will turn this forum into an F1 discussion... they are pathetic.

you have to strike them down early... they are bottom feeders when it comes to Motorsport... they only care about F1.
    The North Will Rise Again
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158173595@N03/albums

16. Likes: Rallyper (12th June 2018),sonnybobiche (12th June 2018)
    Liked 908 Times in 635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    It'd be interesting to know, at least roughly, how many paid subscribers All Live actually has. It's great and getting better, with a long way to go, but look alone at how many of the hardcore here don't/won't actually pay for it. I can't imagine the subscriber numbers are that big and I'd be amazed if the income from that covers the cost of producing it, so surely the promoter and manufacturers should consider the benefits of just providing it for free and distributing it more widely, rather than just on the own website. You could still keep WRC+ as a paid element with maps and the on board/TV/All Live video archive.
    They don't give promocodes anymore, so I would guess they did they job advertizing the service and the subscribers has increased. But it's only assumption. I personally had year subscription and I'm happy with it.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 94 Times in 70 Posts
    Why is F1 considered the pinnacle of motorsport again?
    If nothing else, the cars will always be faster/better than everything else. It's a designated class to be the best.

but why would any normal person prefer F1 to WRC anymore?
    F1 is a staple motorsport series, and transcends the boundary of hardened motorsport fans.

The vast majority are not going to choose WRC over F1. Relative to F1, it's less practical to follow, less historical and cultural significance. A promoter may improve the state of rallies and the series overall. But as far as taking over the popularity of F1, it'll merely be the equivalent a a hamster in a wheel.

Going back to the first question. The good news is that F1 is not the pinnacle of motorsport, it's the pinnacle of car racing, and one of two pinnacles of 4 wheel motorsport. There's two core "motorsports", tarmac track and off-road. Tarmac track is supposed to replicate driving on public roads, and everything falls in line under F1.

WRC is not held on a tarmac track, and is the pinnacle of off-road motorsport. It's not better or worse than F1, but a different discipline. It's equal as a premier motorsport competition.

Idk how everyone else will react to this, but that's how I see it. I take my views of motorsport pretty seriously as a fan. I look forward to any derision of my opinion.

19. Likes: AndyRAC (13th June 2018),sonnybobiche (14th June 2018)