Page 100 of 335 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3350
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Per, the world changed from 1990'. The car industry is very different today than it used to be. Just get used to it. It won't get back because some people have nice memories.

Frankly - why is it so much "worse" to build the car as a space-frame purpose built unit which from outside looks like a serial one than to build a purpose-built car limited by serial bodyshell when the car also has very little to do with the serial one? I don't see any benefit for anyone.
    As a Subaru owner I'd say rally cars being production-based used to have a benefit for the owner of the production car, which was much better as a result of rally-inspired development etc. Its not just about looking the same.

The problem for the manufacturers is the portion of the market that appreciates those things is quite small, especially in places where most people are jammed together in cities without interesting roads to drive on. So they like to make cars for the majority and focus on boring things like fuel economy instead of how they drive.

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (26th October 2017)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Frankly - why is it so much "worse" to build the car as a space-frame purpose built unit which from outside looks like a serial one than to build a purpose-built car limited by serial bodyshell when the car also has very little to do with the serial one? I don't see any benefit for anyone.
    Personally I like production based rally/racing cars sharing the 'DNA' of the manufacturer/design/model they're born out of. I think it's important. At their core, they're the same car as any other that roles down that model's BIW production line, but a WRC car say gets chosen at birth to live a more interesting life!

There's just too much detachment from the manufacturer/brand and the real world product with a space-frame car for my liking...
    Last edited by the sniper; 25th October 2017 at 06:22.

4. Likes: pantealex (25th October 2017),racerx1979 (25th October 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Well said! Which is what makes rally cars so special.

6. Likes: pantealex (25th October 2017)
    Liked 59 Times in 43 Posts
    haha I was talking with a friend here... If Subaru creates a crowdfunding project for a WRC return, how many (in percentage) Rally fans would probably donate? Cuz I think it'd be around.. 90% of Rally fans and the goal would be achieved in a few days haha

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giu canbera View Post
    haha I was talking with a friend here... If Subaru creates a crowdfunding project for a WRC return, how many (in percentage) Rally fans would probably donate? Cuz I think it'd be around.. 90% of Rally fans and the goal would be achieved in a few days haha
    Subaru doesnt have suitable base model in their range at the moment. They need to crowdfund development of new model first.

9. Likes: Mirek (25th October 2017),pantealex (25th October 2017)
    Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
    Dang, there goes my savings. I miss that car. But before my bank manager grills me, last time I checked the didn't do a teeny hatchback version.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    Subaru doesnt have suitable base model in their range at the moment. They need to crowdfund development of new model first.
    https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the...x-muscle-fest/

Maybe this one, haha

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Cuz I think it'd be around.. 90% of Rally fans and the goal would be achieved in a few days haha
    Why? In most places Subaru is not seen as the most legendary manufacturer of rally cars of all times as it is seen in the USA (and somewhere else I guess). Hypotetically speaking, why would fans crowdfund more Subaru rather than, let's say, Opel, Audi or Mitsubishi?

13. Likes: dimviii (25th October 2017),Mirek (25th October 2017),pantealex (25th October 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    I don't see a reason why anyone shall crowdfund some else's marketing tool at all.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

15. Likes: AnttiL (25th October 2017),focus206 (25th October 2017)
    Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    In the UK id say Subaru is certainly most associated with rallying, even now after leaving the wrc for several years. Audi will never return as rallying is not their brand image, a close friend of mine has a new rs5 and didnt even know about group b rallying until a few weeks ago.