Page 68 of 336 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Ok I read what You wrote, just didn't see any particular reason to pick this or that, except the mentioned "dominance". As I already said, my apologies.
    No apology needed. We are all in the forum because we enjoy rally and like to share thoughts with one another :-)
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Anyone bored on Boxing Day give this quiz a try. I got a disappointing 47. Pressure got to me

https://www.sporcle.com/games/WiiJAY...-rally-winners
    This one pissed me off to no end.

It refused to accept Dani Sordo... I'll be honest, I had no idea he was actually called Daniel. It also refused to accept Miki Biasion and Massimo Biasion because it wanted it in the stupid format Massimo 'Miki' Bisaion. As a result I lost a lot of time and only got 30

...athough I doubt I would have scored over 36 because there were a lot of names in the 70's and 80's that I didn't recognize.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post

It refused to accept Dani Sordo... I'll be honest, I had no idea he was actually called Daniel. It also refused to accept Miki Biasion and Massimo Biasion because it wanted it in the stupid format Massimo 'Miki' Bisaion. As a result I lost a lot of time and only got 30

...athough I doubt I would have scored over 36 because there were a lot of names in the 70's and 80's that I didn't recognize.
    You don't need to write full names. Last usually does - Loeb, Ogier, etc. Though it has some quirks, like Tomi Makinen & Timo Makinen is not the same family name

I lost over minute to figure out Waldegard is not "Valdegard", but that was my own problem.
    Last edited by stefanvv; 27th December 2016 at 22:34.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    No apology needed. We are all in the forum because we enjoy rally and like to share thoughts with one another :-)
    That's fine. But when You get some debate over some opinion, You expect some arguments against it. I got only 1 and assumed I was wrong to accept other's opinion. That's why I apologized.

5. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (27th December 2016)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    No I am not saying a driver must be dominant for it to be his personal best stage of 2016. I was simply saying Ogier's best stage may have come from his dominant morning in Corsica.
    I think also in Sweden we could find some very good stage from Ogier.

As for the others, the stage of the year is for me Paddon's El Condor in Argentina. He gave 10 (T-E-N!) seconds to the world champion who is steps ahead of all the other drivers, in the same field and in only 12 kms in the last and decisive stage of the rally. It has my convinced vote.

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    any French speaking mate care to sum up what are they talking,specially Auriol Sainz Delecour?
    ita about Toyota restrictor cheating back at 1995
    https://youtu.be/AcKXjuOA7Cw
    They basically say that the cheating was very well masked. They explain the system and say it is the biggest cheating in the history of the FIA.
    Auriol says he didn't know anything about it but did noticed the difference in power. Sainz and Delecour can't really believe the drivers didn't know a thing about it.
    Rumours were that the difference was about 30-40 BHP, but nobody knows exactly (accept for Toyota I presume )

8. Likes: dimviii (28th December 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I think also in Sweden we could find some very good stage from Ogier.

As for the others, the stage of the year is for me Paddon's El Condor in Argentina. He gave 10 (T-E-N!) seconds to the world champion who is steps ahead of all the other drivers, in the same field and in only 12 kms in the last and decisive stage of the rally. It has my convinced vote.
    There is no question how well he did, I kind of wonder though what happened after this to him. Was it some kind of 1 show off, then everything goes how it usually goes, or was it some kind of "wow, how the heck did that happened, I'm confused"?

No need to talk about Ogier anyway. He did his 90% well on the rallies, when he needs to push, we can encounter it.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post

I'm sorry to tell you, but only typing the last names was enough.

Edit: sorry, Stefan was quicker with his response, didn't see it.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you, but only typing the last names was enough.
    He is Nordic, can do just fine with Finnish and all other (Nordic) names well.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Rumours were that the difference was about 30-40 BHP, but nobody knows exactly (accept for Toyota I presume )
    I am almost sure it was much more than this.