Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    It is a worry, not sure whether its because they are behind the game and need extra time, or they feel an extra couple of weeks could lead them to be bullet proof.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Hopefully the latter...

Also, hoping Vitaly Petrov will get the Caterham drive. I don't know much about his manager, but she doesn't seem to be very helpful or have a particularly good attitude. I really hope Vitaly can get some sponsorship together as Kovalainen aside, I feel he is most deserving of that drive, possibly more than Kobayashi too who I feel hasn't been giving his best as he struggled with being upstaged by his team-mate.

I think Petrov is possibly the most unappreciated driver going at the moment. Only 0.25sec off Kovalainen in quali last year and as quick in the races. Pretty good for just his 3rd season. He didn't appear to let his head drop, being bumped down to a bottom team. He kept pushing and saved the day in Brazil as Kovalainen sadly wilted a little. A driver who can get that podium as he did has to be pretty good, and the way he held off Fernando Alonso and others in that race and at Abu Dhabi was really impressive.

He might not be a future WDC like Grosjean, Perez or Maldonado might be (I'm cautiously including Maldonado) but he can certainly be a multiple race winner in a good car, I have no doubts.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    I assume no car is going to look radically different as this is the last year of this cycle of rules and Regulations.
    Isn't there supposed to be a change in the reg's that is going to get rid of the stepped/platypus nose on most of the cars?
    I sure hope so - I still can't get used to that look.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear
    Isn't there supposed to be a change in the reg's that is going to get rid of the stepped/platypus nose on most of the cars?
    I sure hope so - I still can't get used to that look.
    In a manner of speaking, it's my understanding that the teams deciding to continue with this solution (stepped nose) will be allowed to cover it.
    "We have agreed a rule that allows a 'modesty panel', which in effect means you can take the existing cars and exiting structures that have a step and put a cover there," he said. "The way it's managed is that the laminate and size of that panel is limited so that you can't create an aero [advantage] out of it and also so that it plays no part in the forward impact."

The FIA has yet to sign off next year's technical regulations, but with all the teams in agreement over the 'modesty panel', Lowe said the change will go ahead.

"It hasn't been formalised but all the teams agree with it and I can't see any reason that it shouldn't happen. If we all agree at a technical level that it's a good thing to do then it will happen; I can't see any real obstacle to that. It gets contentious in other areas that are more political."
    This artical is from last August, and it is my understanding that the FIA have given it the go ahead, however I foresee a problem with the idea that: "The way it's managed is that the laminate and size of that panel is limited so that you can't create an aero [advantage] out of it" I have a strange feeling that the the covers they have at their launch may not be the ones they race. This should be another interesting element to bicker about.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Really sad for Glock seeing as Marussia look like they could possibly produce a decent car. James Allen said they seem to have made some real improvements in the windtunnel.

Vitaly Petrov has really grown on me during his time in F1. I will say again he is definitely race-winning material. I want to see him continue as he seems humble enough to keep improving and getting better and better. He is also maturing into quite a racer. He could well be better off if he switches to Marussia. They need a driver like Petrov so much, or I fear they will also go under...
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Lotus confirmed they will be the first team to Launch their 2013 car. They will launch it via their YouTube Channel on Monday (28th).

Lotus to unveil 2013 F1 car via YouTube channel on 28 January - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

That just leaves Marussia to announce a launch date.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This season is going to be very interesting. Lewis Hamilton already knows he will struggle, I can't wait to see how he gets on, whether he's playing mind games or not...

Ferrari annoucing Alonso will miss the first test at Jerez.

Massa & then De La Rosa will drive here.

BBC Sport - Fernando Alonso will miss Ferrari's first test of its new F1 car

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aki13
    Ferrari annoucing Alonso will miss the first test at Jerez.

Massa & then De La Rosa will drive here.

BBC Sport - Fernando Alonso will miss Ferrari's first test of its new F1 car
    Nothing to worry about. Senna used to do bugger all testing, especially the winter season.