Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    As others have said it all depends what you're looking for. If you want a bustling city nearby and more chance of sunshine then Budapest, but for the best chance of seeing a good race and the biggest wow factor then it would have to be Spa. Although the track itself is in the middle of nowhere it isn't that far from Liege or Maastricht and its only 100 miles or so from Brussels. Another great thing about Spa is that the Nurburgring is only 60 miles away so its possible to explore the Eiffel mountains and get a few laps of the Nordschlieffe in on the same visit.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Distance to track from the city isn't really a problem as long as it's relatively easy to get there (which is not the case with for example Silverstone, or so I've heard). Bus lines would obviously be the nicest, apart from that I don't really mind if it takes 15 or 120 minutes to get there from wherever we'll be staying (within reason, as the schedule might be pretty tight). Spa would be really nice indeed so I'll look into that as well.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    don't book that german GP ticket yet

seems the race might not happen
    Formula 1 - German GP 'hanging in the balance' - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

shame if we are down to 18 races because of greedy Bernie
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    The Italian GP is a very nice place to soak up the atmosphere of the tifosi but utterly rubbish if you want to see lots of the race.
    I saw an Italian GP from one of the Curves di Lesmo and cars would appear from the forest, roar past us and then disappear again under the bridge and that's all you saw.

I imagine that the German GP at Nürburgring would be a good place to see a lot of the track as would the Hungaroring.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxter
    I'm thinking that I'd really like to visit a GP in 2013. I don't have a lot of money, so I'd buy a sunday pass for one of the European races, try to find cheap travel and acommodation on my own and spend the weekend (using friday for travel and saturday for touristy stuff).

I want to know as much as possible about everything except the actual tracks that would influence my experience. Like how close to the track I can live, how much accomodation would cost, how I get there (for example, Silverstone is somewhat difficult in this regard I've gathered?), what the stands/spots are like and how they compare to similarily priced stands/spots on other tracks.

I'm looking to spend about €400 for a sunday pass and everything else as cheap as possible really (though I'd prefer a roof over my head, so let's assume camping is not an option for now).

Hopefully I will get atleast one friend to join me in case that makes a difference.

Thanks.
    Hungry, bring a radio and get as close to the track as possible, standing along the fence in hard braking zones is something you soon won't forget.
    PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've never been to a GP, but I'd say go to Spa.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1fanru
    Hungry ....
    Me too . I could use a bagel.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti