Page 92 of 227 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    You forgot something, Citroen brings in this season quite a show. Still they have huge numbers of selling passenger C3's. And Serderidis car looks amazing. That livery rocks. All of official liveries are quite not much special this year, except Kremer's Fiesta was nice. Hyundai have better last year. And M-Sport was good looking for eyes some years ago with Castrol EDGE and Abu Dhabi. Really ugly I could say Bertelli have not taste at all.
    Nobody cares how looser's car looks.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: cali (17th November 2017),pantealex (16th November 2017)
    Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Nobody cares how looser's car looks.
    Bertelli had a nice car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. Likes: pantealex (16th November 2017)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Ogier, with his constant winning focus and proven tech expertise would certainly push all Citroen staff members into a winning path; that’s what he did in VW and MSport.

!
    I will admit that I have always just looked at talk like that as some kind of hero worship but since i see it so much--and since it is nearly the exact opposite of what I have seen in my 45-50 years in another motorsport...I am compelled to ask:

What are you guys (collectively) suggesting when you guys say so-and-so driver has "tech expertise" ?

I say sure some top drivers can say clearly "what the want" the car to do, but my experience is the higher you go in results, the less the driver/rider knows or cares about the technical side......the more it becomes "I want this __________."

What do you mean or are suggesting?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    What do you mean or are suggesting?
    Trust me janvanvurpa, no hero worship, just stating what VW and MSport people said about him: he’s relentlessly working to develop the car and find the perfect set up. Being able to do it is a tech expertise by itself, no matter the degree of engineering knowledge one may, or not, have.
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: AnttiL (15th November 2017)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    What Citroen needs is a competent leading driver, able to motivate the whole team. In that sense, I don’t think Mikkelsen would make a huge difference from Meeke, besides being a more reliable driver. Ogier, with his constant winning focus and proven tech expertise would certainly push all Citroen staff members into a winning path; that’s what he did in VW and MSport.
    I'd say it's not very motivating to repair the car over and over again for no results with sometimes 2 crashes in same rally, so in that case even Mikkelsen would be an improvement. What's more if there were 2 winning drivers it takes the pressure off Meeke quite a bit.

About Ogier, his titles/wins with different cars also put quite a lot more weight behind any feedback/demands he has, even if he was saying exactly same things as say Lefevbre. (note: I have no idea how good he actually is at that).

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I'd say it's not very motivating to repair the car over and over again for no results with sometimes 2 crashes in same rally, so in that case even Mikkelsen would be an improvement.
    It’s worth remembering, without denying his issues, that Meeke was the only one to win a rally with that car (in fact 2.5 rallies)

I agree with your point that with inexperienced team mates there was perhaps too much resting on Meeke’s shoulders though.

10. Likes: er88 (15th November 2017)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    I'd say it's not very motivating to repair the car over and over again for no results with sometimes 2 crashes in same rally, so in that case even Mikkelsen would be an improvement. What's more if there were 2 winning drivers it takes the pressure off Meeke quite a bit.

About Ogier, his titles/wins with different cars also put quite a lot more weight behind any feedback/demands he has, even if he was saying exactly same things as say Lefevbre. (note: I have no idea how good he actually is at that).
    You speak about Meeke as if noone else has ever goes off the road. You pay no credence to the fact the car has been difficult to drive, and the pressure put on him my management to salvage something from the season, by trying to win an odd rally. Your a pathetic individual.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts

Andreas wouldn't have been an improvement over Meeke, especially aligned with Citroen's objectives this season which were purely "wins". Unless you think a man who's won only two WRC events in his whole career (while driving in a dominant VW for years), would have been able to win more events this season in that C3, than ANY other driver in the championship except Neuville?

Meeke really isn't the problem at Citroen, so im not sure why all year you've been acting like he's their biggest issue, unless you just hate him? Which in that case fair enough, there would be no point discussing this with you...

Andreas should have been replacing Lefebrve before the season started, nevermind during it. Meeke, Mikkelsen and Breen would have been a good team for this year and next.

Instead we will have a team with Lefebrve as 3rd driver, a team that is lacking a lot of finance and a team with a manager who has made bad decisions since Citroen re entered the WRC fulltime. Yet they've still won two events (and it most likely would've been 3 had the car not blown up in Corsica), and that's down to your pet hate Meeke

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

13. Likes: Allez Andruet (21st November 2017),RS (18th November 2017),WUff1 (16th November 2017)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    I agree that it's debatable how much improvement it would be to replace Meeke with Mikkelsen. The only clear part is there would be less crashes as stated by my post.
    This is why I mention what you also end up with... that Meeke and Mikkelsen would certainly be much better than what they have now. Both due to Mikkelsen's performance and the positive effects it would likely have on Meeke and car development.

--------------
    Technicalities not important to the main point:

- Citroen's goal of "only event wins" first came after Corsica (by Matton) when they saw that they had no chance in championship
    - "2,5" event wins by Meeke is kind of funny specially in light of Mexico last stage, clearly Neuville does not have one full win for Monte and Sweden combined
    - Mikkelsen has won 3 wins so far, if you turn it around you might also say that he then beat the best driver (Ogier) in same car.

15. Likes: steve.mandzij (16th November 2017)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    one of the reasons they didnt keep mikkelsen was he couldnt setup the kitchen table... and had savage tyre wear...plus he wasnt actually quick in saradina or poland.. the car made him look 1/2 good on germany.. but i know people were not happy that he got beat by a ford in germany, as they knew the car was much superior than the ford on tarmac. the only good think about mikkelsen driving the citroen is that it proved meeke was right...
    and the defiencies of the the car were much greater than they realised
    I agree that it's debatable how much improvement it would be to replace Meeke with Mikkelsen. The only clear part is there would be less crashes as stated by my post.
    This is why I mention what you also end up with... that Meeke and Mikkelsen would certainly be much better than what they have now. Both due to Mikkelsen's performance and the positive effects it would likely have on Meeke and car development.

--------------
    Technicalities not important to the main point:

- Citroen's goal of "only event wins" first came after Corsica (by Matton) when they saw that they had no chance in championship
    - "2,5" event wins by Meeke is kind of funny specially in light of Mexico last stage, clearly Neuville does not have one full win for Monte and Sweden combined
    - Mikkelsen has won 3 wins so far, if you turn it around you might also say that he then beat the best driver (Ogier) in same car.