Page 90 of 227 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    I predict that 2018 will be the last year of Citroën in the WRC...
    I'm afraid of that as well.

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Seems like they need a miracle to turn 2018 around.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 109 Times in 58 Posts
    I have a feeling that they won't even contest 2018

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car View Post
    I have a feeling that they won't even contest 2018
    a while ago there was quit credible rumors about Citroen having in 2018 only two works cars and one customer car run by PH Sport.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Citroën critical mistake was not stay with Mikkelsen.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    They chose to gamble for Ogier.
    While it's easy to judge after all those years it still has to be mentioned that the critical mistake actually happened when they let Ogier go, or better to say when they got rid of him. It's of course extremely difficult to push new young guy against the old and the-greatest-of-all-drivers-ever colleague. If I remember right Olivier Quesnel tried but in the end had to go as well. In that time I understood Citroën's stance but from today's point of view that was the point when they lost the chance to secure the continuity of their dominance. In fact now it looks rather similar to the situation in which Citroën was already before - in 2003 when the newbie Loeb had to compete with two legendary world champions in the same team - Carlos Sainz and Colin McRae.

Of course nobody can see in the future. Once they chose right, once they didn't. Anyway it's interesting story I think.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: AndyRAC (15th November 2017),AnttiL (15th November 2017)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    While it's easy to judge after all those years it still has to be mentioned that the critical mistake actually happened when they let Ogier go, or better to say when they got rid of him. It's of course extremely difficult to push new young guy against the old and the-greatest-of-all-drivers-ever colleague. If I remember right Olivier Quesnel tried but in the end had to go as well. In that time I understood Citroën's stance but from today's point of view that was the point when they lost the chance to secure the continuity of their dominance. In fact now it looks rather similar to the situation in which Citroën was already before - in 2003 when the newbie Loeb had to compete with two legendary world champions in the same team - Carlos Sainz and Colin McRae.

Of course nobody can see in the future. Once they chose right, once they didn't. Anyway it's interesting story I think.
    Yes, it was their biggest mistake, but now they still making stupid decisions. Have not so good lineup and doing nothing to change that - ok, miss chance to get some rally winning drivers, but also don't have talented young guys...Only major changes can save Citroen WRT, but seems it not gonna happen.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Matton gambled too much on Seb and turned his nose up (twice!!) on Andreas, who is a very good driver. In fact anyone in the wrc would be better than Lefebrve right now, but because he's French he stays? Citroen would be better off trying to offer Hyundai a good solution to take Sordo back or get Paddon, or they should go for Tidemand. All three would be better for the team as 3rd driver alongside Meeke and Breen.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

9. Likes: WUff1 (16th November 2017)
    Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    It's not looking good for Citroen, they will probably have the weakest line-up and the car performance is not encouraging. As others have said they might end up doing some kind of limited year in 2018, maybe even two cars only and then retire. It would be such a shame. I don't know what to think of what's going on in this team anymore.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    and you guys got mad at times when N.O.T called them Arab Team of Nobodies....

im telling you, N.O.T is god
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    It amazes me to see how they can fuck it up so bad. Last year they had 3 of the best drivers available for hire, and they got none. Now there where 2 available, and once again they got none.

If matton doesn't get fired now, they deserve no better than being dead last in the championship again.

13. Likes: Mirek (15th November 2017),pantealex (16th November 2017)