Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 269 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Right, Dakar ends on saturday 20th and then Monte shakedown is on wednesday 24th with recce in between. Well, doable, but not probably the best way to prepare for a return to the WRC.
    Probably not, who knows, maybe he'll come to Sweden, Argentina, Corsica & Germany (instead of MC). Something similar to what he did back then in 2013.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    If in doubt, flat out!

Liked 534 Times in 259 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...c3-wrc-outings

Asked if he would be interested in testing again, Loeb told L'Equipe: "Making kilometres and kilometres of testing is not the most exciting, but when there are things to discover and you have not been driving the same car for 15 years then it's nice.

"I don't see myself doing tests all year, but a day from time-to-time, why not?"

He added that a gravel test was possible, but not something he had discussed with team principal Yves Matton.

Loeb, whose last competitive WRC outing was in 2015, said he felt he had lost none of the speed that carried him to 78 world rally wins.

"When I was driving, I had the feeling that nothing has changed and that I'm still as fast," he said.

"But my motivation [with the test] was the find the potential of these new cars and I have to admit I did not expect such a difference in the speed in the corners and in the dry."

Liked 3,048 Times in 1,665 Posts
    Interesting answer by Yves Matton at Rally Germany:

Q:
    Your current drivers are all under contract for next season. Are you also looking at other drivers?

YM:
    It is for sure an interesting time of the year. Everybody is keen to speak with everybody. Craig, Stéphane and Kris are under contract and will be part of the team next year. Andreas is also with us and we are also speaking with other drivers who won an event or nearly won an event before. We are lucky to make a plan in September which is quite free from events, and then I can give it to my CEO and then we will make a decision.
    The Incurable Enthusiast

Liked 491 Times in 317 Posts
    And who nearly won first event? Evans?

Liked 426 Times in 216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    And who nearly won first event? Evans?
    Suninen ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 376 Times in 210 Posts
    Evans should already be under contract... Suninen has not "nearly won" anything.

Tanak is the only free name that I can see. Maybe he means Řstberg but I see that as extremely unlikely.

Note he says Breen, Lefevbre and Meeke "will be part of the team". Might be unintended but it is in line with saying that not all will drive all events.
    Last edited by mknight; 17th August 2017 at 15:39.

7. Likes: KKS (17th August 2017)
    Liked 491 Times in 317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Note he says Breen, Lefevbre and Meeke "will be part of the team". Might be unintended but it is in line with saying that not all will drive all events.
    If you search a driver to your 3 car team with 3 drivers already signed - it's always means that not 3 will drive all events.

9. Likes: Rally Power (17th August 2017)
    Liked 104 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    ... Suninen has not "nearly won" anything.
    Why not?

Liked 534 Times in 259 Posts
    Matton already said before that Meeke will drive a full season with Breen and Lefebvre doing a partial season, as if telling everyone that they could use someone. The sentence "Andreas is with us" is interesting because he's supposed to be a free agent after this rally.

Liked 376 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jparker View Post
    Why not?
    Best position in Finland was 2nd +42s behind, a bit optimistic to call that nearly winning. If anything "nearly won" would mean Evans in Argentina, but we were told he has contract at M-Sport.

13. Likes: EstWRC (17th August 2017),KKS (17th August 2017)