Page 56 of 227 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Ok, for sure Huttunen is amazingly talented and as all Finns he looks like a fish inside the water on his home rally SS’s, but to see a work driver like Camilli being slower than a kid that’s getting his first R5 outing doesn’t help to believe the French has improved that much...
    But at the same time Camilli haven't really been that far off the other WRC guys this year, then we can compare Tidemand and Lappi earlier years, and then look at Lappi now (or even Suninen).
    So, Huttunen would be on Lappi-level already then?

2. Likes: pantealex (31st July 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    What about Meeke? He didn't overdrive this event at all. It almost seems like he was under driving. At least since he's always over the limit it comes off this way. I've heard nothing but complaints from Al Qasimi, Breen and Meeke all weekend long. What can Loeb do to fixt this mess of a car?

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    What about Meeke? He didn't overdrive this event at all. It almost seems like he was under driving. At least since he's always over the limit it comes off this way. I've heard nothing but complaints from Al Qasimi, Breen and Meeke all weekend long. What can Loeb do to fixt this mess of a car?
    Especially when the complaints are in a gravel event and not Tarmac which Loeb will be testing...don't know how they will sort it out but I hope they do it soon...'cause it's a shame seeing drivers like Breen being hampered on their progress by the car.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    In a way the Loeb test on tarmac (where the car is best) seems more like an excuse so that he tells the engineers how good that car is and they then go to the drivers and say "Loeb said it's ok what are you complaining about?".

6. Likes: A FONDO (30th July 2017),er88 (30th July 2017),Jewy46 (1st August 2017),[RMC]Pip (30th July 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    But at the same time Camilli haven't really been that far off the other WRC guys this year, then we can compare Tidemand and Lappi earlier years, and then look at Lappi now (or even Suninen).
    So, Huttunen would be on Lappi-level already then?
    You got me confused mate, but no matter the way you look at it, there’s no way Camilli will ever become WRC Champ.
    Btw, Tidemand, Evans and Sunninen were a level below Lappi last year in WRC2; only tech issues and a minor driving mistake in Sweden prevent him to be champ much sooner.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    In a way the Loeb test on tarmac (where the car is best) seems more like an excuse so that he tells the engineers how good that car is and they then go to the drivers and say "Loeb said it's ok what are you complaining about?".
    It would be hilarious if Loeb said " uhhhh car is very very good uhhhh I think it's fine uhhh"

9. Likes: steve.mandzij (30th July 2017)
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Maybe, compared to the C Elysee TC1 car, the C3 Wrc is a very good car. But compared to the rest of the Wrc field, C3 just isn't there yet...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    http://www.sportti.com/uutinen.asp?CAT=1-2&ID=344228

Meeke repeats problems in the geometry / suspension. He also admits they were supposed to have a week long PET in Finland a month ago but it was cancelled, and he refuses to say why it was cancelled.

12. Likes: Allez Andruet (30th July 2017),dimviii (30th July 2017)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    http://www.sportti.com/uutinen.asp?CAT=1-2&ID=344228

Meeke repeats problems in the geometry / suspension. He also admits they were supposed to have a week long PET in Finland a month ago but it was cancelled, and he refuses to say why it was cancelled.
    What are the odds for Meeke driving for the team in 2018...? You just can't avoid getting the feeling from every single interview and basically from everything Meeke says, that there is just something seriously not right in the team - and it's not only regarding the C3 itself, there must something else as well.

Btw, did anyone catch the news that local rally radio commentator Riku Tahko announced (he claimed to have heard it from an insider) before the PS today, that Citroen has snatched the "chief engineer" (who wasn't identified) from M-Sport for 2018? Or was it even news at all?

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    What are the odds for Meeke driving for the team in 2018...? You just can't avoid getting the feeling from every single interview and basically from everything Meeke says, that there is just something seriously not right in the team - and it's not only regarding the C3 itself, there must something else as well.

Btw, did anyone catch the news that local rally radio commentator Riku Tahko announced (he claimed to have heard it from an insider) before the PS today, that Citroen has snatched the "chief engineer" (who wasn't identified) from M-Sport for 2018? Or was it even news at all?
    If you compare the after-stage comments between the two drivers there certainly was quite some difference. I dare not say more else the hater pointing mafia will be on me.

That said it might also be due to their personalities, listening to Lappi and Sunninen is also completely different even when they both do well.

Interesting news about engineers, in general I think there is too little info about them. They are quite important for the end results often more than the team managers (but then again team managers usually choose the engineers).
    I wonder what FX is doing (Polo chief engineer/designer). Not quite sure he would be interested in joining Citroen, I think he left them to work for Solbergs team before going to VW, dunno for what reason. But he might be interested in joining others.