Page 53 of 227 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    http://www.sportti.com/uutinen.asp?CAT=1-2&ID=344051

Meeke says in this Finnish interview that he would have wanted Loeb or someone other experienced driver to test the C3 before the season, like Sainz and Grönholm did on the VW. He also admits the car has been very unpredictable and the suspension has issues.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    any news thatwe don't know from our French speaking mates?

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    my french is not so good but it seems to be Loeb is saying he's not excluding anything in the future but it depends on his programme. Neuville says Loeb didn't say no when he asked him to come back and thinks Loeb would have fun, Sordo says he asked him and Loeb said "for the moment it's just a test" and he laughed when he read "for the moment" and Ogier says he would be excited if Loeb returned.

probably someone better at french can understand more

sure put my foot in my mouth with my last two posts in this thread
    Last edited by seb_sh; 27th July 2017 at 14:26.

4. Likes: dimviii (27th July 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Seb_sh already mention the best parts, just completing a bit more:

The main article ads only a few words from Loeb, saying he was willing to test a WRC car again and from all the motorsport series he tried, rally still is his favourite. When asked if he could run some WRC events next year Loeb doesn’t exclude it, but only after checking his Peugeot program. Then the article speculates about Peugeot possibility to leave rally raids after the next Dakar (in order to focus in a LM/WEC program) and how that could be the perfect chance for a Loeb return (occasionally, at least) to WRC...

The other piece mentions some words from Neuville(Loeb had previously said to him he wouldn’t say no to a bit of rally and to test the new cars; he also believes Loeb will be pleased about the new cars), Sordo (he’s amused cause he send Loeb a text asking if he would comeback and Loeb answered : “for now it’s only a test”) and Ogier (he finds Loeb can surely help Citroen to develop the car and when asked about a possible Loeb return, he responded it’d be a surprise but it’d be exciting for WRC). Nice fair play from them all!
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: abxyz (27th July 2017),dimviii (27th July 2017),gorganl2000 (29th July 2017),seb_sh (27th July 2017)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    So Meeke saying in the press conference that the new parts that were finally added to the car following Mikkelsen's input, are things he's been pushing for for years. Doesn't look good when Matton has now admitted they took risks with this car that have backfired, and it also now seems that they went against Kris' wishes with some aspects of the engineering, development and testing. Kris was happy for an experienced driver like Loeb to help in testing but it's clear that that that wasn't possible for whatever reason. Screams of a team not having faith in what their lead driver wants, or a team that was so narrow minded that they didn't believe they could be wrong...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. Likes: AndyRAC (27th July 2017),dimviii (27th July 2017)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Agreed.

You have to like Meeke. That press confrence was brilliant. He walked that line between being firm and critising the team very well. He tells it as it is... defiantley friction in the team though. In this mood Meeke can win the rally, i think he is fed up with his treatment by Citroen.. and without clear instruction he will just drive like he done last year.

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Agreed.

You have to like Meeke. That press confrence was brilliant. He walked that line between being firm and critising the team very well. He tells it as it is... defiantley friction in the team though. In this mood Meeke can win the rally, i think he is fed up with his treatment by Citroen.. and without clear instruction he will just drive like he done last year.
    He'll either win or die trying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

11. Likes: er88 (27th July 2017)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Yes thats why we like him. Rather that than a Matthew Wilson.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    He'll either win or die trying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

13. Likes: cali (27th July 2017)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    So Meeke saying in the press conference that the new parts that were finally added to the car following Mikkelsen's input, are things he's been pushing for for years. Doesn't look good when Matton has now admitted they took risks with this car that have backfired, and it also now seems that they went against Kris' wishes with some aspects of the engineering, development and testing. Kris was happy for an experienced driver like Loeb to help in testing but it's clear that that that wasn't possible for whatever reason. Screams of a team not having faith in what their lead driver wants, or a team that was so narrow minded that they didn't believe they could be wrong...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    It's also the risk of developing the car with only 1 experienced driver who only drove Mini and DS3 (of the later cars). Kind of easier for engineers to claim they know better than him and completely ignore input from Breen and Lefevbre cause they have even less experience.

This risk is again Mattons responsibility, the comments about having 3 drivers and not being interested in Latvala or Mikkelsen from last November again come to mind.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Agreed.

I just saw the press conference.

He does not walk any thin line, he criticized the team in the most harsh way possible without getting fired immediately in the very first sentence. First after than he shows some humility and tries to talk around it.

Also he really did say "things that he was pushing for, for years". Years when the car is max 1 year old? Must mean other things in the team.
    Last edited by mknight; 27th July 2017 at 17:40.