Page 52 of 227 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...ort-at-citroen
    As if his confidence wasn't in a bad shape beforehand...
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    What kind of strategy is that from a team manager?

If he wants Meeke to do what Lefebrve and Mikkelsen did in Poland - toddle around and collect the minor pts he should say that. If he wants Meeke to push (perhaps beyond the limits of the car) he should give him the confidence to do that.

I hope Matton is just being guarded and has actually discussed some sort of plan with Meeke.

Think Meeke maybe also had a little dig at Andreas/ Lefebrve there too, but my making a point to say he's not there to just crawl around and collect the latter top 10 positions?

Anyway, he sounds pissed off going into Finland and that's the worst event on the calendar to go into with a muddled mind. Things are spiralling out of control at Citroen. Next two events are huge for Matton, Meeke and Andreas you feel, as Germany will give an indication of Meeke vs Mikkelsen and who can get nearer to limits of the car, while getting a good result.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. Likes: Archie Gillaine (27th July 2017)
    Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Totally f ucked up. There's really no other way to describe this. Meeke is the sacrificial lamb; Matton is a f ucking coward who should be taking responsibility for this disaster.
    Last edited by RAS007; 27th July 2017 at 05:34.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Both Matton and Meeke come out really bad here:

Matton
    First he says Meeke should bring info for development... then he says he should finish on podium. Seems like he basically gave up on any real instructions. While you can understand where it comes from (after Corsica he told Meeke he should go for wins => 2 crashes, then before Sardinia he said he should try to finish => crash), it's not exactly a good trait for a manager. Not knowing how to instruct your main driver and sending mixed signals.

Meek
    Just some humility would be in place. After crashing in every single rally of the season except Corsica nothing needed to be changed and they show lack of confidence in him?
    The comment about coming in top 10 is imo more directed at Mikkelsen in Sardinia. So lets turn that around, Citroen has no chance to get good WDC or WMC result this year, which result was better for Citroen in the longer term? Meeke wrecking that car after 2 stages, or Mikkelsen with feedback based on many stage kms that immediately got acted upon?

--------------
    All in all they should have sat together and talked trough it properly, possibly get Meeke some mental trainer or w/e, instead it seems they just both kept for themselves and nothing really changed.
    Last edited by mknight; 27th July 2017 at 07:20.

6. Likes: MDSP (27th July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/july-...5--12-12-.html

Matton says Loeb won't do a competitive rally

Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    I think it's safe to say Loeb returning to competition is out of the question.

Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
    Just like Mikkelsens' drive was a one off?? I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see him competing on at least one rally by the end of the year.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arwel Davies View Post
    Just like Mikkelsens' drive was a one off?? I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see him competing on at least one rally by the end of the year.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Loeb would be back to do gravel testing, or maybe a local event, but I'm not expecting him to do an actual WRC rally

Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    I find it very difficult for Loeb to return to Wrc now. He isn't that young anymore. At 43 years old nobody has been competitive on the top level the last 20 years (except Matador...). Maybe a local French event may happen. A Wrc round can be pretty much excluded.

Liked 1,830 Times in 708 Posts
    He is still competing on local events with a 306 Maxi and DS3 WRC so it wouldn't be that big a thing if he did one such event in a C3. But to the WRC? I don't think so.