Page 37 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    And for Mikkelsen, given his interviews before the rally.
    Yeah true mate. Mikkelsen should maybe decline a drive in Germany if he's going to crawl around the stages like this. It's not good for him and it's not good for Citroën.

Citroën have given a driver who's not even contracted full time their only latest spec car, with the new components and Jokers spent on it to make him feel comfortable. This was so he was able to push hard for a top result and test the new limits of the car. Yet all we're getting is scramble for 10th place, and for a second rally in a row pace/ a result Lefebvre wouldn't be totally happy with.

Huge disappointment. What's worse is that Breen is getting shafted out of a drive in Germany (a tarmac event that should suit him) for Mikkelsen.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Best rally for Leferve and a few decent stages by Mikkelsen, but still off the pace for the whole gang. Finland will be interesting with Meeke. Does he go all out or try bring it home safe with a top five finish. His past stats would suggest otherwise. At this point as long as he's ahead of the rest of the Citroen squad he's in a good situation. What would you guys do if you were in Meekes shoes??
    For his future with the team he imo needs to show he can drive ok without crashing. So fast enough to be a little bit ahead of Breen. Even leading the whole rally and crashing on last stage would not be good enough else. Not easy to be in his shoes.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    For his future with the team he imo needs to show he can drive ok without crashing. So fast enough to be a little bit ahead of Breen. Even leading the whole rally and crashing on last stage would not be good enough else. Not easy to be in his shoes.
    Citroën's season would be catastrophic if it wasn't for Meeke's heroics . After all, they only wanted some wins this season didnt they? Toddling around in 9th or 10th place wasn't in their stated pre season goals. Meeke would've delivered them two by now if it wasn't for the car.

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Best rally for Leferve and a few decent stages by Mikkelsen, but still off the pace for the whole gang. Finland will be interesting with Meeke. Does he go all out or try bring it home safe with a top five finish. His past stats would suggest otherwise. At this point as long as he's ahead of the rest of the Citroen squad he's in a good situation. What would you guys do if you were in Meekes shoes??
    I watch few Meeke onboards from last year Rally Finland and it was completely scary even for me, for my side of monitor. C3's back not stable even now in Poland, Breen and co just manage to drive at that slow speed that could keep car on a road. Meeke didn't do that in Finland and road nature there very demanding on stable car. So Meeke will crash again - cuz he tried to be fast as always, not just surviving.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Meeke's season until Argentina was ok, some crashes (Monte, Sweden off), but win (with crash and other manufacturer car issues) and good speed. 4 crashes in a row in 3 rallies can't be excused, much less called "heroics".

You know what's also interesting, if you look on the last non-tarmac rally where Meeke had sustained performance you get Sweden (up to and including SS11).
    Meeke was 5th, beating "2nd level" drivers including Sordo and Paddon (who was down after Monte). Sounds familiar doesn't it? Exactly same level of performance as we saw from whole Citroen team yesterday.

Mexico stands more and more out as lucky result, all other cars had overheating issues with temporary fixes done by limiting power. And Meeke's driving didn't result in an off until last corner and he survived that one.

6. Likes: BigWorm (2nd July 2017)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    If you look at Meeke's off in Mexico, you can clearly see that the rear of the car was again bouncing. Hence the off-road excursion. This car does very strange things.

8. Likes: er88 (2nd July 2017),KKS (2nd July 2017)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I really do rate Mikkelsen highly but he's spent more time in fields and access roads than on the stages in Poland.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

10. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd July 2017),dimviii (2nd July 2017),Eli (2nd July 2017),Lead (2nd July 2017),pantealex (2nd July 2017),sonnybobiche (2nd July 2017),TWRC (2nd July 2017),WUff1 (2nd July 2017)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    I am very curious to see Meeke and Mikkelsen competing at same rally.

12. Likes: pantealex (2nd July 2017),TWRC (2nd July 2017)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    A nice Happy Birthday/kick in the balls message for Meeke.

https://twitter.com/CitroenRacing/st...71660624039936

As someone who does a lot of work in social media/PR I think I might have thought twice about this...
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

14. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd July 2017),KKS (2nd July 2017),noel157 (2nd July 2017)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    You can tell everyone was a little off... the team seems to have some moral issues, but what the heck do I know.... they just seem off.