Front drag is killing the C3.

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    maybe they should hire this guy?

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: smokingjoe (1st July 2017)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    You don't know what Meeke reported in testing and how Citroen responded. I suspect a certain amount of engineering arrogance may have gone down along the way.
    Well they've already admitted the risks they took in engineering and setup haven't worked. A driver doesn't dictate that, that's a management decision and Matton is now up shit Creek seeing how poorly Mikkelsen is doing. Quite amazing that Meeke has won with this car and was a mechanical failure away from back to back wins...
    Last edited by er88; 30th June 2017 at 19:13.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    What is definitely clear is that everyone, including Citroen, pre season, thought they had the best car, and what is obvious now is that on gravel, so far, the car is a disappointment pace wise other than Meeke who gets the set up right and then over drive it and crash.

My guess, like most people, is that it is likely damper related considering that they seem to have pace on tarmac rounds where it is less important.
    I don't think they thought they had the best car at all. Everyone just presumed that because the didn't let Seb test it, but maybe they didn't let him test because they knew it had many issues? Instead of not letting him test because they wanted to hide how brilliant it was or whatever people were saying...

Also, Meeke told someone on this very forum that the VW was going to be unbeatable...

Liked 52 Times in 28 Posts
    Citroen is probably good tarmac car...

They are also the only tean having different tarmac and gravel suspension geometry. As far as I can understand, c3 is "evolution" of c4 wrc concept. They just fail to set it up consistently.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Who was the main developer of the car? I still think all three (driver, car, team managment) are very much connected and to blame. Although i must admit, i`m not blaming Meeke so much anymore.
    i read that the changes called for by Andreas that have been implemented are very similar to those that Kris was asking for.
    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

8. Likes: KKS (1st July 2017)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Or aero, or possibly a combination of both.

Seems to me the C3 doesn't look as efficient in aero department, not that I'm an expert, but there is an old saying that if it looks right, it probably is right.

What I have found, as a basic road car the C3 has the worst aero efficiency of the four cars the wrc cars are based on.
    Citroen C3 0.307
    Ford Fiesta 0.287
    Toyota Yaris 0.29
    Hyundai i20 coupe 0.3

Ok, the last two I have not found exact figures for, and the Hyundai, which appears to be the best car this year so far is closer than the rest in coefficiency figures, but it does look more aggressively styled at the front.
    Aero would make sense here in Poland but the car has struggled in slow rallies such as Sardegna even with good road position.

In Mexico it did well, but Mexico is not so rough either. Argentina, Portugal and Sardegna were all rough and the car was struggling. To me it suggests dampers, but I'm no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by J_n_z View Post
    Citroen is probably good tarmac car...

They are also the only tean having different tarmac and gravel suspension geometry. As far as I can understand, c3 is "evolution" of c4 wrc concept. They just fail to set it up consistently.
    If it was an evolution of the C4 that would explain a lot because that car is over 10 years old now. Although I agree that it is likely a good tarmac car.

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
    Technical director gone and Breen out for Germany.

http://www.rallysportmag.com.au/home...ed-for-germany

11. Likes: dimviii (1st July 2017)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    What? Didn't they said just 2 days ago that they will have 4 cars including Breen?

13. Likes: pantealex (1st July 2017)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Idiotic management continue produce idiotic decisions

On Breen it's a reaction of his stage-end speaking of scary C3?

15. Likes: AndyRAC (1st July 2017)