Page 28 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Wasn`t Lefebvre personally sponsored by Qassimi?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Matton is between a rock and a hard place. A certain sponsor wants drives for Qassimi, the factory wants to have the French guy in the team, other drivers have either pace or consistency but not at the same time. Who do you put on the car?
    Ogier?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

3. Likes: pantealex (29th June 2017)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Matton is between a rock and a hard place. A certain sponsor wants drives for Qassimi, the factory wants to have the French guy in the team, other drivers have either pace or consistency but not at the same time. Who do you put on the car?
    If Seb isn't available for them (why would he want to go there now??), I'd put Meeke, Mikkelsen and Breen in the car. What's the benefit to the factory of having a French driver when he isn't even showing signs of any sort of pace, nevermind half decent results?

I get what you're saying, but unless they have a realistic chance of signing Seb for next year they have to lock Andreas down on a contract as soon as possible or he could go elsewhere, and that would leave Citroën up Shit Creek for next year.

Breen is a great 3rd driver and Meeke can win rallies for them (perhaps even more so now if the new changes work on the C3). Andreas has been pretty consistent and fast for the last few years, so with Breen and Mikkelsen bringing home pts on most rallies, having a driver like Meeke pushing for wins on most events is surely the makeup of a much stronger team than what they have now.

5. Likes: rhm (28th June 2017)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    They need to put Meeke and Mikkelsen in the same rallies. They need to cooperate and develop the car together to suite different styles. They will learn car and eachother, to form a top team!

The last two drivers need to share 3rd car, maybe 4 cars last rallies.

7. Likes: TWRC (29th June 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    The big shame here is I can see Breen getting flicked for a few events this year (potentially starting with Germany) - when he's really done nothing wrong.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

9. Likes: er88 (29th June 2017),pantealex (29th June 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    WTF...

Meeke is bound to be fuming.
    From autosport.com

"Citroen has implemented two homologation changes for Poland: a new rear differential rail and a modification to the torque split between front and rear axles.
    Meeke was unavailable for comment, but a Citroen source confirmed both areas where he had been pushing for change
    We weren't just rearranging the current parts on the car
    I have a car which is driving from the front axle more now, said Mikkelsen"

Meeke had been pushing for the changes? well why were they not on the car before now? Mikkelsen confirm a car driving more from front axle, surely this is Meeke preferred driving style coming from a front wheel drive background. And the fact that we were not just rearranging parts on the car means that these parts had, or were, being development but not tested. Most of Meeke and Lebrefrve accident are stupid rear end stepping out type accidents. It looks as if Meeke and the engineering team may have been at loggerheads.
    Raises more questions than answers as to why it taken till now to suddenly get these updates on the car???
    The questions are only raised because brit journos keep treating this matter in a shameful way and Meeke’s fans are in denial state. Btw, who's the Citroen source mentioned by Evans: the cleaning woman; the gatekeeper or the K9 mascot?

Time to stop the fuss and the worries; let’s just hope Citroen can make the C3 more competitive and their drivers can have more chances to shine. That’s what WRC needs: more cars and drivers fighting for the win.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    The big shame here is I can see Breen getting flicked for a few events this year (potentially starting with Germany) - when he's really done nothing wrong.
    Honestly I see Breen solid as a rock inside Citroen. There's no doubt he's ready to go faster (like in Portugal's first loop) but so far Meeke's and Lefebvre’s permanent mistakes forced him to get back and secure manu points for Citroen. I also don't see Mikkelsen as the game changer Citroen desperately needs, so maybe Breen can now have a chance to get the team spotlights. Fingers crossed for him!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Honestly I see Breen solid as a rock inside Citroen. There's no doubt he's ready to go faster (like in Portugal's first loop) but so far Meeke's and Lefebvre’s permanent mistakes forced him to get back and secure manu points for Citroen. I also don't see Mikkelsen as the game changer Citroen desperately needs, so maybe Breen can now have a chance to get the team spotlights. Fingers crossed for him!
    your in denial. Breen maybe fast.. but he may also be the new Sordo

13. Likes: AnttiL (29th June 2017),er88 (29th June 2017),noel157 (30th June 2017),pantealex (29th June 2017)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    let’s just hope Citroen can make the C3 more competitive and their drivers can have more chances to shine.
    That’s what WRC needs: more cars and drivers fighting for the win.
    hear hear
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

15. Likes: rhm (29th June 2017)
    Liked 359 Times in 191 Posts
    The questions are only raised because brit journos keep treating this matter in a shameful way and Meeke’s fans are in denial state. Btw, who's the Citroen source mentioned by Evans: the cleaning woman; the gatekeeper or the K9 mascot?
    Get a grip.

Or become a journalist yourself.

17. Likes: AndyRAC (29th June 2017),Archie Gillaine (29th June 2017),er88 (29th June 2017)