Page 11 of 227 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Citroen WRT

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Unfotunatelly for meeke he never reached the level to be considered a good option for a manufacturer, he is just like latvala but without daddys money or a manager with connections.

his style will be missed but i think its time for him to go home.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    He obviously uses his left fot to brake, what they mean is brake and throttle at the same time to stabilize the car in certain corners. If you have a well balanced car you shouldn't need it.
    This.

I think that a lot of drivers don't use left foot braking with active center differential at least that is what I heard from some Czech drivers in the past (about 2.0 WRC cars). Some said they had to learn not to do that when they switched to active cars.

Now I'm speaking clearly theoretically but in my opinion if there is properly set active center differential there is no need for left foot braking at all. It only causes brakes to heat up more and to be generally less efficient (due to simple energy equation).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: René (12th June 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    left foot braking together with gas pedal, is not for not well balanced cars.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Unfotunatelly for meeke he never reached the level to be considered a good option for a manufacturer, he is just like latvala but without daddys money or a manager with connections.

his style will be missed but i think its time for him to go home.
    until finland.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    left foot braking together with gas pedal, is not for not well balanced cars.
    For me it's more surprising that all Citroën drivers do that (based on that press release). Maybe it's because none of Citroën drivers was involved in active WRC era (I don't count several Meeke's starts with private Subaru). I'm really just a theoretical guy but this maybe another miscalculation from Citroën in choosing their driver line-up, especially for development.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Food for thought,so Andreas was not using left foot braking when he <should> do it(with the old wrc genereration)nontheless he was top driver.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

8. Likes: KKS (15th June 2017)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Finally, some proper decisions by Matton.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    the 3 ex VW drivers end up developing one each of the other 3 cars.

Toyota looked terrible before Latvala came
    Ford was good but slower than Hyundai, first in Portugal after considerable complaining and testing from Ogier it seems to have matched them (both Ogier and Tanak were fastest there)
    Now Mikkelsen with C3. Off course it's no guaranteed he will improve it, but at min. he should be able to tell them what is bad about it.

Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Citroens problem is - Matton. How many drivers developed Polo wrc? Are they world champions and fully experienced? And who developed C3? - Meeke by himself. Matton should hire some experiences test-driver in 2016 to improve a car. Did they do that? - No.
    From first rally of 2017 he said that in this year Citroen didn't care about championships, but more on rally wins. And now he blaming Meeke for low points at manu. championship?
    Leferbve... it's a joke. Matton - you not Wilson who need a money and could take even a Duval if he pays for his drive.
    And now, car was undriveable and it's proven by Breen, Mikkelsen and Meeke and he blaming just one driver. Invite Loeb for one day test and he told you. Did you do that? - nope.
    And Citroen have 4th car. They can use Mikkelsen without pulling out Meeke. They do that? - Nope.

Too many strange decisions from Matton.

12. Likes: Archie Gillaine (12th June 2017),juho (12th June 2017),macebig (12th June 2017),sonnybobiche (13th June 2017),WUff1 (12th June 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Citroen should throw away this season and focus for the next, deja vu...
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

14. Likes: Eli (12th June 2017)